ONE YEAR PROJECT / FEEDBACK

DETAILED GROWTH PROJECT, FROM PIP TO ONE YEARS OLD.

• YES

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
I am considering starting a thread on one of my last hatchling aldabras from this year due to hatch soon this month. I was going to photo from the start, pip, and up to one year old. The thread would be updated very often for the first 30 days or so inorder to show the color change process, etc. Then every week or so with updated photos with weights/measurements, etc. Would everyone enjoy this type of thread/documentation? It would show a detailed growth process and how a aldabra tortoise develops for the first year. I would like some general feed back from those active members about there thoughts regarding this project and please participate in this pole. Thanks, Greg.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I think it would be fun and interesting to see the progress over a year to see all the growth and changes..

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
I like those sort of threads for any species, and considering the Aldabs status, that makes it all the more valuable. Of course it would be most valuable if people kept the fluff out. We all feel obligated to say SOMETHING , what a cutie or whatever, but in such a thread it could make it a pain to get to the "good stuff".

Tom's "South African" thread would be such an example. I deliberately didn't post to that at first as I believed his intention was just to document all his different Gpp babies out there, not hear "how cutes". (Believe me, I'm fine with the how cutes, there just might not always be a need for them depending on the nature of the thread).

OllieInAZ

5 Year Member
Tempe, AZ
I agree with Balboa but also think there's value in comments, shared experiences, questions. Can the 'fluff' be periodically deleted/filtered? Or would that violate some forum etiquette?

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
i'm all for ANY pics or threads about aldab's. bring it on man!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
OllieInAZ said:
I agree with Balboa but also think there's value in comments, shared experiences, questions. Can the 'fluff' be periodically deleted/filtered? Or would that violate some forum etiquette?

I agree with both of you, This forum should be fun and informative. I think everyone should express what they think, it helps with total perspective. I wish the two votes thated voted No would please say what they are thinking, that would be helpful also.

Tom's threads gave me the idea, I love his progressive thread!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I would follow it. I love seeing your pics and reading about your torts.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
It's a GREAT idea Greg! We've seen these threads detailing sulcatas, leopards and, to a lesser degree, other smaller breeds. But it would be very intriguing to see the progress on one of the true giants.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
I think it would be great! Maybe post at the begin that the thread is dedicated to the progress of the torts only and if someone would like to comment it could be done else where.

Tortoise-Luke

5 Year Member
i think it would be a great addition to the forum and would be best to keep it more like a blog with less off topic comments.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I think comments and questions are good, I do not mind. I understand that it would be easier to follow the progress. It would be easier to learn if questions or comments were dealt with at the time it came up instead of later. Maybe, I could do a seperate thread at the end with all the information/pictures in the same order, like an overview or recap.

muddoc

5 Year Member
South Louisiana
I voted yes. I have done similar studies with my snakes, and have always been a very "mechanical/mathmatical" individual. I for one would love to see this. And, I think your last post is perfect. The original thread could be a beats, but many would probably learn from all of the commentary. At the end, you couls repost all of the statistical info and pics, and one of the mods could lock that thread and sticky it. Then an questions or comments that come ata alater date could be addressed in the original thread.

p.s. Get a move on. Tell that guy to hatch already.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Well Greg? It looks like the 'ayes' have it! ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I like the idea, actually this is something I would like to see done with more species eventually.

I think 2 separate threads would be better one for the progress, and one for comments because so many people would comment it might clutter the one thread.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
muddoc said:
I voted yes. I have done similar studies with my snakes, and have always been a very "mechanical/mathmatical" individual. I for one would love to see this. And, I think your last post is perfect. The original thread could be a beats, but many would probably learn from all of the commentary. At the end, you couls repost all of the statistical info and pics, and one of the mods could lock that thread and sticky it. Then an questions or comments that come ata alater date could be addressed in the original thread.

p.s. Get a move on. Tell that guy to hatch already.

I agree, What concerns me is the 3 "NO's", I know of two, and I expected them. I can not fiqure out the third, I am still working on it!

Our last clutch is due this month, should have 12 to choose from. They are all sold, I will just hold one back.

dmmj said:
I like the idea, actually this is something I would like to see done with more species eventually.

I think 2 separate threads would be better one for the progress, and one for comments because so many people would comment it might clutter the one thread.

This forum is the perfect place for this type of thing, sharing and learning, etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.