One or Three

What makes more sense, one or three tortoises.

• One Leopard

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Three Leopards

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John

5 Year Member
NavyDT said:
i was thinking about the space requirements, me and my wife will always have a fenced back yard which will be just fine in the summer time. plus by the time they are 6 - 7 inches. in say, 4 to 5 years gives me plenty of time to figure something out. i will definently have to talk to the wife about that though.

worst case scenario is i have to convert half a room, or a garage for winter housing. best case scenario is we by then will be in a semi-permanent location and they will have free roam of the back yard.

Squamata - how many torts would you have on a 4 X 16 table and what size?

Very Respectfully,
NavyDT

mine are all 4"or smaller right now,I plan to add atleast two more to my herd.I am aware that I may have to part with a couple when they reach adult,but have planned for that.so thats 6 juveniles all day.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
Great pics, she is looking good...she looks like she may need her back nails trimmed though.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
NavyDT said:
Here are some pictures of "Dona"

* note that her shell was like that since i got her.

DSC_1145.jpg

DSC_1142.jpg

DSC_1141.jpg
Aww Donna is a beautiful blonde! Thank's so much for sharing!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
HI, My hubby built a double decker tort table. The bottom can slide out(on wheels) It's 8 by 3 and I would not want it any wider, as it's just tough enough to get to the other side of the top. We have our leopard on the bottom and the red foots on top. Works well and only takes up part of our dining room.
We had to put lattice around the opening as the cats thought it was a new litter box. For some reason they don't go on the top one.

(I thought you asked somewhere for this, wasn't sure if anyone responded.)

34eouw0.jpg

NavyDT

5 Year Member
Nay - Thanks for sharing your table ideas with me, i think for sure i will be building somthing like this in the future.

thanks for everyones good advice and kind words :p

Badgemash

5 Year Member
We only intended to get one at the beginning (was supposed to be for Chris), but when he picked out Mr.T at the shop, I wanted Octavia and we'll just say there was no way we were leaving that store without her. So we got both. Then we saw Tom's baby GPPs, and I wanted one of those, and then Chris said if I got one then he should have one too... So yes, that is the line of thinking that leads you to owning many, many torts. They can get expensive, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. If you're sure you can house them for life (and convince the Admiral) I say go for it.

-Devon

Status
Not open for further replies.