??? On bathing our lil one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Arkansas
I am wanting to know if I can bathe Tank and what to use. I soak the lil one 3x a day in warm water but was wondering if I needed to do more. We are enjoying this lil guy so much. I wanna give Tank every advantage possible even on looks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nothing more than a soak in warm water is required. If you think the turtle is dirty, you can always scrub gently with a soft-bristle brush.

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
emysemys said:
Nothing more than a soak in warm water is required. If you think the turtle is dirty, you can always scrub gently with a soft-bristle brush.

Ok thanks for the info much appreciated!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but, about once a week or 2, I will wash Cooper with just a couple drop's of baby shampoo, mainly just on his shell and front legs. He don't seem to mind it at all. Plus he smells better afterwards! I haven't read anywhere that it is harmfull to them. Plus if its ok for a baby I wouldn't think it wouldnt hurt him once a week or so. If anyone knows of a reason I shouldn't do this please speak up! I will say that I don't let it get in his face nor do I let him sit in the water with it and give him a chance to drink it. As soon as I wash and rinse him off I drain the water and rinse him again with clean water.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
cemmons12 said:
I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but, about once a week or 2, I will wash Cooper with just a couple drop's of baby shampoo, mainly just on his shell and front legs. He don't seem to mind it at all. Plus he smells better afterwards! I haven't read anywhere that it is harmfull to them. Plus if its ok for a baby I wouldn't think it wouldnt hurt him once a week or so. If anyone knows of a reason I shouldn't do this please speak up! I will say that I don't let it get in his face nor do I let him sit in the water with it and give him a chance to drink it. As soon as I wash and rinse him off I drain the water and rinse him again with clean water.
I do not believe this is a good idea. I don't know what the chemicals in the shampoo would do to the shell. I'm sure it will dry it out. Let me know how that works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.