oh sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I went into the petstore today that I'm really "boycotting".

The had two new Red-Foots - a REALLY NICE LOOKING female about 6", but the ROUNDEST shell I've ever seen, and a smaller one about 4.5 inches or so with the starts of pyramiding and lots of space between scutes (cutest face, though). In the aquarium (of course) with them was a Greek Tortoise!

SHEESH!

I explained very politely how unhealthy and dangerous that is, and she said she would move the RFs to an empty tank she had, so let's hope she does! She said she was going to school for reptiles and still learning all this stuff. So I hope she listened!

The Greek was soooo handsome - the spitting image of Dozer so I'm sure another Jordanian Greek, definately a male (WHEW, 'cause if it were a female I might've had to stop my boycott).

I'll pop in next week and see if they changed tanks for them! Fingers crossed that they do the right thing!

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I hope she listens to you. I was recently in a local pet store and complained because they had two Redfoots with a Russian and an Alligator all in the same tank!!! Yes an Alligator! It of course was laying in the only water source in the tank. Also, they had so many rocks in the tank the Russian was laying stuck on its side between the rocks and the side of the tank he couldn't move. I told one of the guys that he was stuck and he said he'd be fine. I also told them they shouldn't be kept together but I was ignored and was told he was an "expert". Ugh!!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Kelly, I hope she listens..

Melissa, OMG I would call and talk to the manager and raise some noise!!! That is horrible poor babies.

All the petsmarts here are going back to selling huge RES, 6+ inches, and sidenecks and of course they have them together with little water.

Status
Not open for further replies.