Update on torts and turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Here is the photobucket link and each picture has either a description or the animals name. It would be great if You guys could guess the genders of Dozer, Bane, Teegers, and Maynard. http://s1165.beta.photobucket.com/user/11Tiamat13/library/Collection Updates

Ok so short version. All the tortoises have grown.
Dozer is my 7year old Sonoran Desert Tortoise. Honestly I havent weighed or measured her before so here is what she is at now: 1610grams and about 8.5in long. Somehow I thought she was bigger...I am unsure of sex yet but I have always called her a her.

Puck 6yr old Ornate wood turtle. Again never weighed or measured before but she is full grown at 6.5in. I don't have her weight...odd thought I had weighed her. I know she is a she as she laid an egg several years ago. She has several irregular scutes. Anyone know why her shell is always flaky? I thought she had stopped growing so it should be smoothing back out...

Beaker Unknown aged male (red eyes and long tail) ornate box turtle. About 4in and 325 grams.

Jack hatchling female (brownish eyes) hybrid box turtle. In January she weighed 74grams and is now at 81grams.

Manny 3-toed female(brownish eyes) hatchling. Weighed 71grams in january and is now at 78grams.

Moe is a hatchling female (brownish eyes) ornate box turtle. She hibernated while too small and now isnt doing so well. She is on critical care, vitamin A eyedrops, and hornworms and phoenix worms in the hopes she will get better. She weighed 29grams when I got her (this weight could be wrong as the scale wasnt the best and didnt do grams so i had to convert), 26grams (new scale so these are accurate) after waking up from hibernation and now in February she is at 24grams. She is parasite free so hopefully she rebounds easily. Any other suggestions on how to get her well again would be helpful.

Bane my unknown age Sonoran Desert Tortoise. When I got him he was severely malnourished, dehydrated, underweight (432 grams), and had what appeared to be tape worms. After his vet visit, dewormer, and 2weeks in my care he was at 536grams. Now he is up to 803grams and is 6.5-7in. Again dont know sex just guessing based on his overall buttheaded attitude.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Thalatte said:
Again dont know sex just guessing based on his overall buttheaded attitude.

Hey! Wait a minute! What's that supposed to mean? Or should I just ask Karen?

Status
Not open for further replies.