Oh my glob, I think she is a he! (pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
First I want to say warning if the pics are a little graphic. I think they show a male part, lol :p

Hello everyone! I need your help. I was about to give Bowser a bath to get her(?) a little clean for her trip to a store tomorrow. I picked her up and held her for a couple of seconds because she usually lets out some pee. I noticed her relaxing her tail straight and thought "wow, your tail got longer...".
DSCN5020.jpg

DSCN5021.jpg

It's been a while since I really looked at it because last time I asked about the sex of her it seemed like she was pretty much female, lol. Well, as I was getting ready to take her to the other room this appeared!

DSCN5022.jpg

And the side view...
DSCN5023.jpg

I was so excited when I seen this that I went and got my hubby to show him, lol :D And let me say that he wasn't so thrilled (also wasn't so thrilled because I made him hold her so I could get the pics, lol)

Is this what I think it is and this means that she is a he? The breeder said the Bowser was a he when I first got her. But as she has been growing she was looking like a she... What do you think?

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
pdelpizzo said:
Hard to argue with that!

Yeppers!

dmarcus said:
Congrats, its a boy!!

I'm so glad that I kept her......er... HIS name. Wow, now I have to get used to calling him a him, lol :p

Sulcataman

5 Year Member
Off topic but, Aldabraman, I love your shepherd. I too have one. I imported him and use him for home/personal protection. I know it is frowned upon, but he loves to curl up next to and bask in the sun with my torts. He has been around them since he was a puppy. He never barks at or agitates them. Here is an older pic of them hanging out.

image-89836233.png

image-3539130191.png

kingskettle

5 Year Member
When my larger Leopard flashed for the first time last week, what I got a glimpse of, was a longish,narrow at one end,pink thing,nothing at all like the flashing of the tortoise in this thread. So what did I see, what did my tortoise reveal to me? I'm confused now ( no change there then! )

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
kingskettle said:
When my larger Leopard flashed for the first time last week, what I got a glimpse of, was a longish,narrow at one end,pink thing,nothing at all like the flashing of the tortoise in this thread. So what did I see, what did my tortoise reveal to me? I'm confused now ( no change there then! )

I was thinking the same thing too. Me and my husband were over at our friends house a little while ago and their red ear slider flashed us his thing and that looked totally different. That's why I was a little hesitant and had to post pics here to double check.

Well if anyone with a sulcata gets flashed they can look at these pics to know if it was "it" or not, lol :p

Vicki78

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Thats just the tip of the ice berg i can asure you. Imagine my surprise when I seen my Sheldon doing this.....
055.JPG
Look underneath him :shy:
I didnt know where to look but Im so proud of my BIG Boy:tort: :D

Last edited by a moderator:

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Vicki78 said:
Thats just the tip of the ice berg i can asure you. Imagine my surprise when I seen my Sheldon doing this.....

LOL, that's too funny! I'm glad Bowser didn't give me the full view while I was holding him :D

Vicki78

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
drgnfly2265 said:
Vicki78 said:

LOL, that's too funny! I'm glad Bowser didn't give me the full view while I was holding him :D

He's never shown me the full thing whilst holding him (thank god I think I would have dropped him poor thing)!

Just wait till you here him doing all the grunting noises too!!:p

You've got it all to come now LOL!!:D

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Vicki78 said:
drgnfly2265 said:
Vicki78 said:

He's never shown me the full thing whilst holding him (thank god I think I would have dropped him poor thing)!

Just wait till you here him doing all the grunting noises too!!:p

You've got it all to come now LOL!!:D

And to think that I was laughing at the picture that was just posted of the tortoise "loving" on the lawnmower. And of course I just told my husband "hey, good thing we have a female", lol. That's too funny :D

And come to think of it, he does make a couple of noises when I give him his warm baths..... Oh man, what has he been doing in his bath........

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
When Ptolemy flashed my wife's EXTREMELY uptight friend from church, it was hilarious. She's still convinced that I've trained him to "whip it out" on command! :p

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That looks more like a girl's "cowboy hat" flash to me....

I am looking at this on an iPod, so it isn't that clear, but it doesn't look big enough for boy flashing

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Tinkerbell does that!!! And now just recently he has started doing what bowser was doing in his photo! Expect the one time he was doing it to his thermometer.....

I have a shepherd also, I'm in love them they are the best most loyal dogs :) I have grown up with them, this is my 3rd, but sadly she is poorly she has epilepsy :( but wouldn't trade her for the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.