ODD TRADE PROPOSALS

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
For many of us, trading is part of the tortoise community. Today i had a new first, a couple wanted to trade me an old camper for a baby aldabra. It is rare that i trade for anything, unless it is for other aldabras. Thought i would share, please feel free to share your trade offers, etc.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I've got a couple of computer sitting in my shed first flight to Florida here I come. the problem with trading is most people think what their trading is a far more value than what it actually is. I've been looking into selling my motorcycle since I've been sick you should see the trade offers I get. the motorcycle is a 1994 Honda Shadow 650 cc VLX very nice motorcycle. people basically want to trade junk for it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The title scared me on what someone might have offered you:p:D
I would trade my bull terrier, she's a big money pit and a pain in the ***
Oops, I mean she is very smart well trained and doesn't chew anything;)

hfdesignworks

There are old campers and then there are vintage makes like airstreams that go for a lot of money. I was selling a camera once and had a guy ask if I would trade for roller skates, some VHS tapes, and a few other random things.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
1 trade I had offered for my motorcycle was a bunch of baseball cards this was like 2 years ago

AnimalLady

Neh, not yet, i'm too new.

Are Aldabras super expensive or something? Cant they just buy one? Sorry if I sound ignorant! loL!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I once got a car. A 1981 Toyota Starlet for a PIZZA. Even trade! I put 366,000 miles on that car!
Two years ago I traded a $16,000 new motorcycle for a $25,000 1972 motorcycle.
I'm still very pleased about it.
I also traded two juvenile Redfoot tortoises for one adult male. Not bad. Not great.