Obsessed or just a weird little guy?

kellie

Location (City and/or State)
Montana
Hello everyone,
I have a red footed tort. My son bought it for his sister for her birthday. Awww sweet, nice, huh? Now they are both away from home and guess who has the tort? Me. Hmm. So I've done the best I can with him. His name is Gary. If you were to measure his shell he is about 10 inches, he is young I'm told.

Recently I have moved and I have no pen for him outside anymore. So, I let him roam around certain parts of the house. It's been warm here the last few days and I walk around with no shoes on. For some reason Gary seems to think he is in love with my big toe. Ha ha, I know, you are all laughing right now. I did to! But now, I am wondering what his problem is. haha. He has started sitting on my feet when I'm standing doing the dishes or something. He also has started doing this weird swaying of his head...left right pause left right pause with his front legs waaaay out in front of him almost straight (if that were possible) his butt is up and his front is down. He is seriously goofy looking. What is going on with him? Please don't tell me it is a mating thing....*rolls eyes lol

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kellie welcome to the TFO from AZ ,USA . Torts are not like humans they don't get lonely they use some of the same movements of mating for bulling another tort , or to keep property away from other torts !but good luck .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Hahaha. He "likes" you

FYI: letting a tort roam free I'm the house usually ends bad for the tort. They eat everything, to include the wires from Tv's and such and get stuck under and behind appliances.

Good luck with Gary.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hello, Kellie. Welcome to TFO! We'd love to see pictures of Gary. ;)

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Maybe he is claiming you as his or trying to scare you away from what he thinks is his home. Does he flash his tortoise bits when he does this?

Because that would be awkward!! LOL