NY tortoise lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keggateggie

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Katie. I am the proud mama of 2 tortoises, a Greek named Flip, and a big redfoot girl named Violet. Living in NY has made winter housing a challenge for these two as any enclosure I could have inside was too small, and the cat kept pooping in the substrate. Needless to say they freeroam the house, sleeping much of the day by the woodstove. They have gotten really good about peeing in the bathroom. Violet likes to do this as she drinks out of a drinkwell 360. And both love tubby time as we call it. They have a nice outdoor spring summer enclosure though, and are in good health.

Attachments

• image-526864946.png
    image-526864946.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image-3200829086.png
    image-3200829086.png
    326.8 KB · Views: 25

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Keggateggie said:
Hi my name is Katie. I am the proud mama of 2 tortoises, a Greek named Flip, and a big redfoot girl named Violet. Living in NY has made winter housing a challenge for these two as any enclosure I could have inside was too small, and the cat kept pooping in the substrate. Needless to say they freeroam the house, sleeping much of the day by the woodstove. They have gotten really good about peeing in the bathroom. Violet likes to do this as she drinks out of a drinkwell 360. And both love tubby time as we call it. They have a nice outdoor spring summer enclosure though, and are in good health.

Welcome to TFO, Katie. :cool:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Katie:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Katie! One of the reasons all my inside enclosures have lids is the fact the cats can't resists using them as toilets. :( Of course, the tortoises don't mind it one bit. :rolleyes:

Keggateggie

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi Katie! One of the reasons all my inside enclosures have lids is the fact the cats can't resists using them as toilets. :( Of course, the tortoises don't mind it one bit. :rolleyes:

Yes I had to block the cat door opening to where we keep the litter boxes after I had to wrestle a cat poop out of my redfoot's mouth. Gross!

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Keggateggie said:
Jacqui said:

Yes I had to block the cat door opening to where we keep the litter boxes after I had to wrestle a cat poop out of my redfoot's mouth. Gross!

YIkes!! that IS gross!! :S hehe anyway Welcome to TFO! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.