Nothing better than a tort burrow! Pics

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
So cute! I wonder why he started it there. Charlie's burrows are always up against a barrier of some kind, usually a wall but once a bush. We would love it if he dug in the middle of the yard so it wouldn't end up under the house or in the neighbor's yard.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
That's a nice little burrow. Good looking tortoise!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cool burrow.

What kind of flowers does that clover looking stuff make?

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
She started it there because we removed a small plant and she immediately wanted to inspect what was going on. She then took advantage of the little opening and created a good sized burrow. Being the worrier that I am after she dug 3 feet in one day, we dug up a 12x3x3 foot hole and sunk a huge plastic tub, drilled holes for drainage and filled it back in while keeping the hole opening. We also used pvc so it wouldn't collapse.

So cute! I wonder why he started it there. Charlie's burrows are always up against a barrier of some kind, usually a wall but once a bush. We would love it if he dug in the middle of the yard so it wouldn't end up under the house or in the neighbor's yard.

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Cool burrow.

What kind of flowers does that clover looking stuff make?

Thanks, I appreciate it. I describe in a previous post to Big Charlie how her burrow came to be.
That would be red clover. She has been eating and loving it her entire life...
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1456545959.748140.jpg
You'll see the little red clover by her top leg. It is mixed in with some weeds and grasses, but it comes up first after the weather warms up like it has now.

Last edited:

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Thanks, I appreciate it. I describe in a previous post to Big Charlie how her burrow came to be.
View attachment 166185
You'll see the little red clover by her top leg. It is mixed in with some weeds and grasses, but it comes up first after the weather warms up like it has now.

Beautiful shell. Love that little red heart on her head.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
View attachment 166185
What a lovely tort! GOD bless.

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Thank you! She's 5 now and pretty amazing! Very social. She loves a neck scratch and comes like a dog when I'm outside. Sure for food, but still pretty cute!

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Luckies down here with my sandy soil the sullys can't make their awesome dens

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
Our water table is so high, Kronk wouldn't have one here, either. I can't wait to get his giant outdoor enclosure built this spring! He should be able to burrow a bit in there...