Not pooping enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
I'm a little worried that Morty isn't pooping enough. He now eats twice as much as he did 3 months ago but seems to be pooing less and less:( I soak him every morning and the heat lamp is over his water so he also likes to soak on his own. I use only coco coir which I soak all the time, he only eats yard weeds, spring mix, red and green leaf lettuce, sulcata seed mix, and hibiscus flowers. He used to poop 2 or 3 times in his bath everyday but now only once and much smaller or sometimes not at all. Should I be worried? His behavior hasn't changed and he still eats like a champ and is very active.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
How old is he? I have noticed that Morla, who is almost 1yr old is pooping less as well. She never poops in her enclosure or her bath water, she will only poop when she goes outside. There are some days depending on the weather that she might not go outside for a couple of days. I noticed that when she holds it for that long, it is a pretty big poop.

She is eating like a champ and gets a bath every time she goes outside....

I would have to say that if Morty is eating and staying hydrated, then everything should be fine.

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
Oh good! Thankyou so much for your quick response:) I feel much better now:)

Oh! And Morty is 7 months old:)

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
S. CA
Morty the Torty said:
I soak him every morning and the heat lamp is over his water so he also likes to soak on his own.

It is not such a good idea to keep the water bowl directly under the heat lamp as the water can get a little to hot for them. We keep all of ours off to the side and the ones outside do not get direct sunlight either.

I use only coco coir which I soak all the time, he only eats yard weeds, spring mix, red and green leaf lettuce, sulcata seed mix, and hibiscus flowers.

You have grown the seed mix - right? Just making sure.

Make sure the little one gets some good exercise to keep the insides working. Spread things out in his house and let him rearrange it and then put it back so he can do it again. They need to work and develop their muscles - he is going to be strong.

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
I can definitely give him some more exercise around the yard:) I haven't noticed a consistency change, and yes I'm growing the seeds outside in a tray and I just cut it and put in his food bowl:)

Status
Not open for further replies.