not eating as much as normal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal,Quebec
Is it normal for a GC boxie (6 months)not to eat as much as he normally does? I only saw him eat 1 meal worm in the last few days. He had a bowel movement today when he was beeing soaked though,,so should I worry? Do they sometimes eat less?? He turns away from his feed dish,and always used to devour whatever was in it! I'm worried :(

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Is anything different...lights, temp., humidity? Did you change anything around in the enclosure? Different foods? Is your enclosure near a window where a draft might come in? Are his eye's still bright and clear? Anything coming out of his nose? Look at everything. If everything is the same, try giving a different food. Cut up a worm. I don't like to feed meal worms to very young box turtles. They are hard to digest.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
I did change the substrate,,everthing else on him looks good...

I changed the substrate to coconut eco earth stuff..seems to hold moisture better than what I had. Didn't know it would turn off his appetite,,will he be ok eventually? Does he need to just get used to it?

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
perhaps hes just a little stressed out by the change. I would leave him alone and try not to touch him for a day , then offer him food tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.