Status
Not open for further replies.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
CtTortoiseMom said:
RedfootsRule said:
Your making me jealous :(. I love snow....Any good ski resorts up there? Do you ever go skiing? This heavy snow-fall is wonderful for it, because they usually focus more on grooming then those annoying snow-blowers.

Yes, there are a lot of places to ski around me. I do not ski personally but a lot of friends and families we know do. There is a ski club at my children's schools that starts in second grade through twelfth grade. Everyone was upset because we were having a bad year for snow and the local mountains said they were done making snow as of feb. 1st so this storm made a lot of skiers happy.

Yea, the best weather for snow-skiing is right after a nice snow storm :). Last year I headed up to WV, we ended up driving through a snow-storm to get there...RIGHT through a "closed road" sign...Yeah, memories. But its the best skiing ever, when they are not blowing.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow! At least you were able to shovel your driveway to nowhere. You couldn't get out today, were you?
CtTortoiseMom said:
29 inches of snow fell from 9am yesterday to around 9am this morning.

Dagny in the snow…
fbccyc.jpg

This used to be my mailbox…
2hz7dhj.jpg

We made a maze for the kids in our backyard…
1qlw69.jpg

My son in the pathway to our front door…
2i0udjk.jpg

Crazy snow animal…
125mm8y.jpg

and lastly my driveway…
ofsn4h.jpg

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Yes, I went out at 3pm to see what everything looked like, there is a driving ban through midnight tonight and we wanted to see the progress made on the roads because we have to leave for hockey at 6am Sunday and it is kind of a dangerous drive on back roads.
We got really lucky because our snowblower broke at 2am, my husband was snow blowing every two hours and a belt broke. We went out at 6am to start shoveling and saw that a plow was stuck in the neighbors driveway. So my husband got our car and towed him out and he was so grateful he plowed our driveway for us!!

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
I am glad we didn't get that here we have a total of about 24 inches of snow on the ground as of right now.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You see, nice things happen to nice people. So, even though there's a ban on driving, you got out anyway?
CtTortoiseMom said:
Yes, I went out at 3pm to see what everything looked like, there is a driving ban through midnight tonight and we wanted to see the progress made on the roads because we have to leave for hockey at 6am Sunday and it is kind of a dangerous drive on back roads.
We got really lucky because our snowblower broke at 2am, my husband was snow blowing every two hours and a belt broke. We went out at 6am to start shoveling and saw that a plow was stuck in the neighbors driveway. So my husband got our car and towed him out and he was so grateful he plowed our driveway for us!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I love the fire in the igloo. We had snow like that two years ago. So far not this year and hope we don't get it. Sounds like you all had fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.