10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
10pc02p.jpg

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
so, how exactly do you move them if you have too? not like you can just run over and pick them up!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
sara said:
so, how exactly do you move them if you have too? not like you can just run over and pick them up!

They are actually very easy to move, carrots! They will follow you all over for a carrot.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
ALDABRAMAN said:
sara said:

They are actually very easy to move, carrots! They will follow you all over for a carrot.

That sounds interesting Greg. What about other veggies?

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
tortoises101 said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
sara said:

They are actually very easy to move, carrots! They will follow you all over for a carro

the old carrot trick, i love it.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
awsome!!! I was at bush gardens in december and was soooo looking forward to seeing their group of Aldabs and sulcatas.......and yep you guessed it... highs of 50 during the day!!! perfect they were all inside.....wasted trip if you ask me, my wife goes for the roller coasters... I go to see torts!!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tortoises101 said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
sara said:

Anything orange or red. We keep to carrots.

Stev0623

5 Year Member
I have to tell you, Aldabraman, that I have seen alot of tortoises, and tort set ups, but yours is by far my favorite.

How far down south do you live? Down near Miami I'd assume, that way you're able to keep them outside 24/7. Did it get below 60(f) much, if at all this year?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Thank you. We have dedicated alot of time and resources ($ + LABOR) to put this perfected aldabra breeding program together, starting in the early 80's. I have additional plans to improve on several areas now that I am retired. We are located in Naples, Florida, SW Florida, just west of Tampa about two hours. We have had several cold nights here, we heard them up in heat houses anything below 55f. Thanks again, it is labor of love & keepers at heart!

Here are a few more pic's we recently took!

2vvuik4.jpg

14dnha8.jpg

2nhermd.jpg

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
ALDABRAMAN said:
[size=medium]Thank you. We have dedicated alot of time and resources ($ + LABOR) to put this perfected aldabra breeding program together, starting in the early 80's.

when you say "breeding program" what do you mean? do you exchange with zoo? other keepers? you must keep good records of your herd and their breeding practices? do you have to seperate the males and females? sorry for all the questions.. I am just amazed! (and envious) :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
<Heh> ... reminds me of a Vw I use to have .... we'd have to get out pick up the front end to spin her' round! .... aka " No reverse either ! ......:p

Beautiful Beast for sure! ....

JD~:)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
NEtorts said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Thank you. We have dedicated alot of time and resources ($ + LABOR) to put this perfected aldabra breeding program together, starting in the early 80's.

when you say "breeding program" what do you mean? do you exchange with zoo? other keepers? you must keep good records of your herd and their breeding practices? do you have to seperate the males and females? sorry for all the questions.. I am just amazed! (and envious) :)

[size=medium]No exchanges with anyone, we have had several on breeding loans, no success. We do keep records and charts with certain data, mainly with clutch data, like dates layed/hatch dates, female clutch sizes/fertility levels, and number of clutches with time frames between them, etc. We found no value in male/female seperations with our colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.