no poops yet

Lissa

Location (City and/or State)
Lansing, Michigan
I've had my hermann's hatchling Greta for 9 days. I soak her every other day, feed her mazuri with some kale everyday. I have not seen any poops. I've seen her pee during her soaks but no poo. Should I be concerned? I grew the clover & vetch before she arrived, she's has dug most of it up already.20160131_121907.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not there. You have a really pretty tank and sometimes it can blend in. That or some tortoises will turn around and eat it as soon as they go. It's gross, but that is part of tortoise ownership.

What are the temps like where she spends most of her time? If they aren't warm enough they wont digest properly and wont poop.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum!:tort:

I for one, give Oli:<3: a soak every day. I'd suggest that, as well as making the water a bit warmer.;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
if your tortoise is going during a soak obviously things are working OK. You probably have a pool eater

Lissa

Lansing, Michigan
Yes she pees. The pee comes out with a little white plumbers tape looking thing (i looked that up & that's normal) but no poo. Poo eating can't be good.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
for you or me probably not good. but for tortoises its how they recycle the nutrients. gross and disgusting but normal.

M

Maggie Cummings

I think deserves a trophy or something.....
OuAjgwrGVy041zfnee8eiIWSWu_CqNPHoL1Y1t1ZrtRjar-dTuRfj1jhz_135aLvgEp_hZYLOffu0umauFNXVyTpFAFjDnCO0JaAs7SQNlrHu4WoLcfgZFEF65G5HSGANHciY_C7VAUS7zKJqxg2MI_WA7LEB9vz514m4-Ocp4qhWKPgXPB5MffMIR6y9Lzdsf_X0SqzS2jvP2e_vtk6hj4NIMo5xR3QZbsFaUa3AHbw8hZqM6oSFGdKV_cahyzW9-YtBkRgJ4TuvG9hne9yybaVzUOB0LCPOYnNch1icfbK8LeEHSzyrjJyTZQ82sNoUabAwGSuCmqLuJLMV2q4SK0VJ30J0y9v0bkaDrsU2j832J91E-Yeznl8Ewa_KcfmJ67SjL_OnZoLYctTxHg5OPx0DhjsXEIU1eUMlyDziiS_KNPd5HkmL-kCe2A_wT2VhQ3f3maPadaS57tcbc5sZe43sgCsVDnGgqLT2LiVJRE0D7--4SPTZ-KmcFEFhMGH9jGMEV4lyg-JhQ-trafeqU3vMDAhvwffWJ2V1pLNhd8WLrG6P7cRGDTBklIdJfaxegEt=w844-h633-no

tee hee

Lissa

Lansing, Michigan
Now that's what I'm looking for!. So I'll soak her more often in warmer water and hope I see a poop soon. Thanks everyone

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes she pees. The pee comes out with a little white plumbers tape looking thing (i looked that up & that's normal) but no poo. Poo eating can't be good.
The white stuff in wee is urates - quite normal - it should be white and creamy in texture rather than gritty though.

Lissa

Lansing, Michigan
Warmer soaks & soaking everyday has produced a bunch of poops. Almost daily since I changed things up. Thank you to everyone! :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Warmer soaks & soaking everyday has produced a bunch of poops. Almost daily since I changed things up. Thank you to everyone! :)
That deserves 3 cheers -
Poop poop Pooray!!!! x 3

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I'm out (drops mic)