Night time temps and humidity for yearling

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sydney~

5 Year Member
I have a lovely baby I have had from a hatching. She has grown amazingly and is creeping up on two lbs. What are her nighttime heat requirements and humidity. She is slightly pyramided sadly. I had a major surgery and months of complications and my friend who helped care for her was not as diligent. What is the best way to halt it? How old are they when they require less humidity?

She is moving from her 40 gallon long to a huge rubbermaid tub because she can hardly turn around. She has a CHE at night and a humid hide as well as aluminum aluminum foil covered tank. I want to make sure the pyramidding stops but don't want her night time humidity to make her sick.

Should I just do the same set up, warm humid hide at night, humidity during the day with basking lamp? Any info would be great if you could make sense of my rambling post!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Humidity 80% with day and night temps 80 and basking 95+. Read Toms threads below on raising a smooth sully. You can't reverse but you can start growing new growth smooth again.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You'll need something much bigger for a tortoise that size. I recommend this:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-32333.html

If you can get them to 6-8" smooth, then you are out of the woods so to speak and can relax a bit on the humidity. If they are already pyramiding, I'd keep up the humidity and hydration until they were 10-12". This will be very difficult to do without a closed chamber. Humidity will only make them sick if you let them get cool. Keep them 80 or above day and night in the whole enclosure, and they stay very healthy and grow very well. This is very easy to do in a closed chamber.

J REED

5 Year Member
My basking is 102 and rest of that side is about 90....the other end stays about 80°.sometimes they hit 95 and 85 depending on time of day....humidity always between 70-90 %....only hits 90 at nigjt when dark....at night CHE keeps chamber 78-82.....

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.