Nigel has lost his appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshman

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rapid City S.D.
Thanks Robyn it was a very sad day for me and especially my wife she had him for 9 years. Our house feels so empty without him.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Update? How is Nigel? Did you take him to the vet?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
He's doing better. It has cooled down here majorly in the last few weeks, and he eats now when I put his food down. I don't have to set him by the tile anymore. Its a smaller portion, but he isn't letting it go to waste like he was.

I am finding that I am having better luck with full leaves, than with springmix. I might stick to different types of lettuces for a while with him, and just rotate.

I'm picking up some pumpkin, since they are in season now, and will try that with him to worm him the old fashioned way, one more time.

I am taking Egg in first, to see Dr. Pope. If he knows what he's doing with actual problems (like her beak and shell rot) I am going to trust him with Nigel.

My logic is that Egg NEEDS a vet, so I will take her to the reptile vet here, and see how this Vet knows his stuff. If he's good, I will have him look at Nigel. If he's mediocre, I will not waste my time, and stress Nigel further. I will look for a different vet instead.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Oh yeah. I swear, they're all in on some big conspiracy to drive me crazy!

I'm just happy he's eating again. Egg is still being miss picky, but we're making some progress.

All the food in my fridge (or rather, the majority) is for some animal or other! I'm chock full of fruit, lettuces, gecko powder, ground meats and live insects that are ALL not for Reid and I!

Its gotten to the point that Reid will buy food for them without me asking. He picks out plums and I'm like, good! I was craving some plums! And he's like, "These are for the boxie--I'll grab a couple more for us"

Status
Not open for further replies.