Nicknames

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Does your tortoise/turtle have a nickname? :D
I'm guilty, they all have been through various stages of semi-cooked nicknames before one stuck!
I call Elmo Whelmo sometimes.
Cheerio is usually Cheerier or just Cheery
Magellan is usually MagMag or Magi
Howi is Howard, since the times when I need to address him using a different name is usually in a
you're-a-misbehaving-child scenario :p
Since Henrietta used to be Hugo, I call her Hugo or Hugi sometimes
Talons is usually Mr T
and Ruby is just Ruby :D
What do you like to address your mischievous fellows as?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
None of my reptiles have nicknames. I just call the by their names. My dogs do, but not my reptiles.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
When Elsa is slow to get up in the mornings or doesn't want the food we give her, we pretend she is a privileged character (as in possessing great wealth and privilege), and we are her servants. We refer to her then as "Madame."
Examples:
"Madame has not yet arisen"
"Madame was displeased with this morning's offering." :p

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Ms. Lumpy Butt, or "Charlotte: Snake Slayer/Majestic Unicorn" as she seemed to have slain a baby snake outside when I wasn't looking =/...I also bought her a fancy unicorn outfit that she swiftly outgrew.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
When Elsa is slow to get up in the mornings or doesn't want the food we give her, we pretend she is a privileged character (as in possessing great wealth and privilege), and we are her servants. We refer to her then as "Madame."
Examples:
"Madame has not yet arisen"
"Madame was displeased with this morning's offering." :p
All hail Madame Elsa! :D

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Franklin is rarely addressed by his real name, unless I'm introducing him or he did something utterly ridiculous/twerpy.

He's commonly referred to as Nank when i talk about him, and Nay or Nay-Nay when i talk to him.

That is mostly because of how common and uncreative i realized "franklin" was

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Most of mine don't have names, but ones I have been given I try to keep them with their own names they came with and seldom deviate from that. Now a couple do have nicknames, especially my one large sulcata male, but this is a pg site, so I can't tell you his most common nicknames....

The dogs and cats have lots of nicknames and of the nice teasing variety. ;)

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
Lots of nicknames. I give nicknames to everybody, even non tortoises, so of course I would give my tortoises nicknames. For instance, I refer to my brother as Grave Dave, given that he's often rather serious and never easily swayed from grave moods by my jokes, hence Grave Dave. I refer to my mother as Momzilla, or Zilla for short, given that she is quite tempestuous and not the sort of person you wish to upset, which is strange that I've given her this name, given that it always upsets her when I use it. But as for my tortoises, Gino is Mr. Gino McKino. Lady Gino is Large Lady Margino of Chino and Camino (even though she's never been to California and Camino is a fictional planet in the Star Warz fictional universe). Graecus is Graeculus Faeculus. Margie is Little Lady Marge in Charge. Mrs. Lucky is Mrs. Plucky Lucky who is also quite Mucky (named so because she likes mud wallows during rain; and when I say she likes them, I mean she really likes them; rain comes, and she will run to the lowest spot in the enclosure and spin around until she is so caked with mud and clay that she can't move; Mrs. Lucky is a crazy tortoise). I haven't named any of my newest hatchlings, but I stopped naming the really young ones, given that I ran out of gendered names a while back. I had a Jerry, a Terry, and a Kelly. And no offense to the Pats of the world, but Pat was never my cuppa tea when it came to tortoise names. After I lost my sulcata Jerry (nicknamed Jerry so Scary, given the reactions he would inspire in Stinky, Bob, and their predecessor, the legendary Angry Red, a cat so mean that she blinded a raccoon and killed four opossums; that was a mean cat; she went blind at age eighteen, didn't last the year following her loss of sight), I adopted out Terry and Kelly, the other two sullies. Two Russians named Olga and Natasha. I can't remember if I had nicknames for them. That's the problem. I come up with so many nicknames, I can't possibly remember them all. But yes, I will have to come up with some for these kiddos, as they get larger and their personalities etch themselves into my brain.

T.G.