Nice....

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Just put these two together for a day or two, just to make sure if it was possible to get another egg from them this fall, we wouldn't miss the chance.

It took them about 20 seconds to "introduce" themselves to each other again. Such an animated species..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 234

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
That looks real noce, Anthony! Gladnthey are not shy!

Good luck! :)

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
He really is all business. That's why, I don't plan to leave him in there for very long, haha. Could easily stress her out.

Thanks for looking guys.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Here's a little update.

I am now babysitting 4 adult females for a friend. He has no males, so our male, Wang, will get to have a short time with each of them.

These photos are of Wang doing his thing with the biggest female in the group of four. She is very big 11 year old CB female, and this is her first time with a male.

Our female, Mai, is obviously upset with him for having these conjugal visits with all these ladies.

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 110

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Atleast they got to know eachother for 20 seconds first!! :)
My male boxie did not even try to get to know my female. I put her in his enclosure and BAM!! My poor girl......that was the last time my male boxie had any lovin'!! Never again!!! It was alful!!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I wish I could be like you!! :) :)
I guess I could leave the room...haha

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Back in a past life when I used to breed Bearded Dragons it was really bad. The females were always so even tempered, and you'd throw in these crazy males that just go nuts on the poor girls. That was tough to watch.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Anthony P said:
Back in a past life when I used to breed Bearded Dragons it was really bad. The females were always so even tempered, and you'd throw in these crazy males that just go nuts on the poor girls. That was tough to watch.

I bet it was. If my female was not so terrified it would not be so bad. She would not even stick her head out! I think it was her first time. She acted like she had no clue!! :)

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Nice. Perfect shot, too, with the bracing and everything. Very expressive.

Zekee

5 Year Member
Any updates on this Ant?

Were Wangs efforts a success?

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
We have heard that at least one of the females had laid an egg. Can't remember if anymore had been laid yet!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Actually, this pic was from OUR female! Our male, Wang, had been with our female, Mai, periodically all season long and the two of them produced 4 eggs in 3 clutches. This photos was taken about a month after the last of four of those eggs had been laid, so nothing came from this visit. We do have big hopes for the spring though!

Wang also visited four other female spengleri in September, and so far one egg has come from that, which is what Steve mentioned. No others have been laid to this point and that one egg looks "iffy." That reminds me that I should email the caretaker of that egg and the four females to see how things are going.

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Just put these two together for a day or two, just to make sure if it was possible to get another egg from them this fall, we wouldn't miss the chance.

It took them about 20 seconds to "introduce" themselves to each other again. Such an animated species..
The expression on the males face made me laugh so much :)