Newbie Set Up

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
He should be on newspapers after the first dewormer dose. Newspapers should be changed daily or after every poop. After all dewormer dose have been administered (ideally, when a fecal test confirmed he is clean), you can switch back to substrate. Ideally - to fresh new substrate. Probably, old substrate can be reused after baking it in the oven, but I won't go this way. All dishes should be cleaned up before placing them back.

Kala

Sittingbourne, Kent
He should be on newspapers after the first dewormer dose. Newspapers should be changed daily or after every poop. After all dewormer dose have been administered (ideally, when a fecal test confirmed he is clean), you can switch back to substrate. Ideally - to fresh new substrate. Probably, old substrate can be reused after baking it in the oven, but I won't go this way. All dishes should be cleaned up before placing them back.
Thank you. I assume that humidity levels go out the window during this process? As I can’t imagine paper will hold it well 😥 Can he still have all of his accessories ie stones, slate, his wheel, plants etc?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Thank you. I assume that humidity levels go out the window during this process? As I can’t imagine paper will hold it well 😥 Can he still have all of his accessories ie stones, slate, his wheel, plants etc?
Yes, humidity will drop. This won't be too bad with regular soaks. Also, a water dish or bowl under the basking lamp should help with some humidity.
I would leave only the things with easy to wash surfaces. So a plastic wheel can stay. The whole thing with newspapers is to prevent reinfestation with eggs, so the less stuff we have - the better (and less to wash daily).
But I may be overly cautions...

Kala

Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes, humidity will drop. This won't be too bad with regular soaks. Also, a water dish or bowl under the basking lamp should help with some humidity.
I would leave only the things with easy to wash surfaces. So a plastic wheel can stay. The whole thing with newspapers is to prevent reinfestation with eggs, so the less stuff we have - the better (and less to wash daily).
But I may be overly cautions...
No that makes sense and was as I thought but wanted to check, thank you. His wheel has a cork covering so I guess it’s best to take that out during the process. Poor little thing won’t know what to do with himself 🥲

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
No that makes sense and was as I thought but wanted to check, thank you. His wheel has a cork covering so I guess it’s best to take that out during the process. Poor little thing won’t know what to do with himself 🥲
Oh, yes. He has just got comfortable with the new place... But that's just for a couple of weeks.