Newbie Need help with RES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosey_Leo_me

5 Year Member
image.jpg
View attachment 37485

Hi I'm tiera and I have two turtles, R.E.S Turtles, and I live in Texas.
The rounder one is nosey and duller one is Leo
And Leo's all four legs have turned black where they look like " hands" or feet
Please help me

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
It almost sounds to me like the feet have died. :( While you wait for help, could you give us more details on how your keeping these guys (temps, lights, basking spot, water depth, diet) and how long have you had them? Can you show us pictures of the feet?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Are your turtles able to climb completely out of the water to allow them to dry off their entire body every day? Do you have that dry out spot under a basking light? May we see the feet please?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
That photo does not look to me like the turtle has much wrong with it's feet. However, what you are describing doesn't necessarily sound very good. I am fearful that this may be some sort of fungal issue, but I agree, we definitely need more information regarding your husbandry techniques, as well as better photos if you can. Good luck!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
My water turtle has web-like feet and are black too. Aquatic turtles often display feet like those in your pic. What I would like to know is where you got this turtle and from who? Does the turtle prefer the water or does he come out to bask? And, is your turtle having trouble using his feet? Can you give us a better picture of your turtle outside of the water?

Nosey_Leo_me

5 Year Member
Ill try and get a pic of the feet and the temp is 75 lighting is UVB only and basking is a thing I got from pet smart and water is about 6 inches and the only thing they really eat is pellets and occasionally shrimp what else should I feed them and what tank mate would go good with them

Nosey_Leo_me

5 Year Member
image.jpg
Anthony P said:
That photo does not look to me like the turtle has much wrong with it's feet. However, what you are describing doesn't necessarily sound very good. I am fearful that this may be some sort of fungal issue, but I agree, we definitely need more information regarding your husbandry techniques, as well as better photos if you can. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.