Lyssalou07

Location (City and/or State)
Mobile, Alabama
Hi guys! A girl at work saved this little guy from her pool a couple of months ago. She brought him and his tank to give away and I fell in love with him and here we are.
First of all, I’d like to know what type of turtle he is. I’m assuming an Eastern box, but I’m usually wrong.
Next, how often/much should he be eating? He loves worms and will also eat lettuce, fruits, occasionally. I just want to make sure I’m getting it right!

Any other tips are appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3185.jpeg
    IMG_3185.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3364.jpeg
    IMG_3364.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi guys! A girl at work saved this little guy from her pool a couple of months ago. She brought him and his tank to give away and I fell in love with him and here we are.
First of all, I’d like to know what type of turtle he is. I’m assuming an Eastern box, but I’m usually wrong.
Next, how often/much should he be eating? He loves worms and will also eat lettuce, fruits, occasionally. I just want to make sure I’m getting it right!

Any other tips are appreciated!
It is definitely a Box Turtle. It is darker than the baby Easterns we have in my part of GA, but that may not mean anything. It could possibly be a Gulf Coast Box Turtle which do have darker adult colors than many Easterns do.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Could it be a melanistic box turtle? Color?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
You should read the care sheet for box turtles in the forum before you buy anything. 20 gallon tank is too small.