New turtle and tortoise vet

EcoDVM

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hi Everyone,

I am a veterinarian with a love for all things reptile and amphibian. I would love to hear all the ways your keep your turtles and tortoises in peak health, and any way you think a vet could help you out. I am always open to help people find reliable resources, and commiserate on sad experiences to learn from them. Glad to be a part of the forum!

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Welcome, we can always use a good vet here. There is so few reptile vets compared to other animal types. Looking forward to hearing from you.

M

Maggie Cummings

The problem with that is that every keeper that I know does some research then modifies that to suit his own needs. So you'll get 10 different ideas from 10 different keepers. I personally have numerous turtles tortoises and one 150 pound Sulcata and if he (Bob) ever got sick and needed a Vet I sure as hell couldn't pick him up and wouldn't put him in my Camaro. My exotics Vet does not make house calls, and that would be important to me. So consider that...welcome to the forum, it's a fun place to visit...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you'd like to be included on our vet list, you can send me your name, the name of the practice, address, phone number, city and web address if you have one, and I'll put you on the vet list.

Welcome to our Forum! Its so good to see that you are interested in knowing the current husbandry practices in order to further help your clients' animals. Do you have turtles and tortoises of your own?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Mr. Vet. Welcome to the TFO from AZ . Yvonne. G. Ask a very important question do you have turtles or torts ? Along time ago the vet gave my tort antabotics and they killed the bacteria that the tort used to digest food so we started a new culcher of bacteria from his torts .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Coming here to learn the newer improved ways of raising healthy, smooth torts is a big plus. Wish the reptile vet in my area were as open minded.