New torts after visiting Allegra and Mark

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
After relocating and revamping my tortoise enclosure I softened and went to visit Mark and Allegra.
My plan was to stick with the two females from Carl May and not increase the group.
When I met @cdmay, @allegraf and Mark a few years back I really only preferred the dark red cherries and even passed on some beautiful orange toned ones they offered me.
I guess my taste has evolved. Couldn't resist these three beauties.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you talking about @Madkins007 ?

Your new tortoises are beautiful. And how lucky to have gone to visit Allegra and Mark!!

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Are you talking about @Madkins007 ?

Your new tortoises are beautiful. And how lucky to have gone to visit Allegra and Mark!!

No. Mark is Allegra's husband.
Thanks. I've been there a few times.
Allegra is incredibly nice.
Always a huge treat to see the tortoises in person.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very Nice ....LOVE the first multi-colored animal pictured~

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
STOP BUYING MORE TORTOISES! It is making it hard to control myself....

I'm sure she has a few others... o_O
I saw some amazing ones including some bred by Carl May.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Very nice torts! The one on the right is my favorite, that is a great looking cherry! The one in the middle is very cool as well with almost Northern RF head scale colors and the one on the left has the heaviest marbling and darkest color. What a diverse trio you have there!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
No. Mark is Allegra's husband.
Thanks. I've been there a few times.
Allegra is incredibly nice.
Always a huge treat to see the tortoises in person.

Yes indeed, the Mark mentioned in the OP is none other than Mark Lue, Or Mr. Lue as I refer to him. The other half of Allegra's tortoise world.
Mr. Lue is a class act all the way and a great tortoise keeper. In addition Mark is also a rare plant enthusiast, fruit expert and tropical fish man.
It's a shame that he doesn't post here.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Yes indeed, the Mark mentioned in the OP is none other than Mark Lue, Or Mr. Lue as I refer to him. The other half of Allegra's tortoise world.
Mr. Lue is a class act all the way and a great tortoise keeper. In addition Mark is also a rare plant enthusiast, fruit expert and tropical fish man.
It's a shame that he doesn't post here.
Carl, I think you should start dating Mr. Lue! Ha! All that you said about him is true indeed. I am very lucky.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
That last one was so shy, I could never get any pics of her to post. No one wanted a tort where all they could see is the shell. She is finally starting to "come out of her shell"-pun totally intended. They look great, Charlie. Enjoy them.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Love the yellow highlights on the nose of the first one!
One of mine was shy from the start, then s/he got sick and I had to do baytril injections to make matters worse. It's taken ~3 years for this tortoise to finally warm up and realize that I'm not going to harm him/her. S/he is still the least extroverted but I can now approach Mandarin and not have him/her tuck into full lock down.

They're all different, I hope yours does loosen up a bit!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
After relocating and revamping my tortoise enclosure I softened and went to visit Mark and Allegra.
My plan was to stick with the two females from Carl May and not increase the group.
When I met @cdmay, @allegraf and Mark a few years back I really only preferred the dark red cherries and even passed on some beautiful orange toned ones they offered me.
I guess my taste has evolved. Couldn't resist these three beauties.

View attachment 181342 View attachment 181340 View attachment 181341 View attachment 181338
View attachment 181334View attachment 181335 View attachment 181336 View attachment 181339
Wonderful torts!