Free shipping !! Edible seeds and seed mixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeheinendc

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
Seeds and seed mixes with free shipping!

Flowering Maple (Abutilon)
abutilon.jpg

This is an excellent container plant. I grow it outdoors in the warmer months and bring it in for the winter. It flowers year round.
This is a close relative to the Hibiscus.
This flowering plant will provide brilliant shades or red, orange and yellow. The flowers are 3" across. They are a favorite of my hatchling tortoises.

malva
malva2.jpg

Perenial.
Height: 3-4'
sow 1/16" deep at 70°F
germination: 5-15 days
Plant in pots or sow direct outside after the last frost.
The flowers and leaves are an excellent food for herbivore reptiles. The flowers are a favorite of my tortoises and is packed with nutrition.

malabar spinach
malabarspinach.jpg

This is not a true spinach. Its an easy to grow vine. Edible leaves from the Basella Rubra plant can be used throughout summer and will flourish in heat and humidity. Young leaves of this herb plant can be cooked and added to recipes and fresh leaves make a great salad. This is a nutrition packed favorite of my tortoises.

Nasturtium Dwarf Jewel mix
nasturtium.jpg

Annual. Blooms spring to fall frost. 6-12" tall. Full sun or light shade. 2- 2 1/2" flowers in jewel-toned shades of orange, yellow and red. Edible flowers and foliage are a gourmet treat and taste like watercress. This compact variety is well suited for smaller spaces and makes a cheerful edging, border, container, or hanging basket planting.

Purslane (Portulaca Oleracea Sativa)
purslane.jpg

Purslane is an upright herb with juicy, succulent oval leaves and mild sweet-sour flavor. Plants will regrow after cutting. Purslane leaves and stems are great raw in salads. You can steam them or add them to soups, stews, and other vegetable dishes. The plant is also very high in omega 3 fatty acids.

Plantain Plantago major (Giant Variety)
plantain.jpg

Plantago major is a native United States plant which is widely distributed in all states and is a common weed which you have probably seen in your yard or garden.

Turnip Greens (organic)
greens.jpg

(55 days) Grown for its greens only. Grows 16-22" tall. Tops keep color better in cooler seasons.
Excellent nutritional qualities for herbivores. Very high in calcium. These can be grown in a garden or in pots.

Russian Tortoise Seed Mix
russiantortoiseseedmix.jpg

The Russian Tortoise Seed Mix is what I use in my pens. It has less of the grasses and more of the other plants than the Grazing mix.

Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix
grazingtortoiseseedmix.jpg

These seeds were picked for their nutritional value (fiber, calcium, protein etc)as well as their palatability. I also grow dandelion chickweed and plantain in the pens but, didn't include it in the mix. They can be purchased separately and are best grown in pots or a garden.

Click Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.