New tortoise parents!! Just still trying to get the hang of it all!

Totosdad

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey everyone! Just bought a baby sulcata about 6 months ago! His names Toto! Just joined on here to give him his best life possible and read up on as much as I can! Hope to see you guys around!

-Tanner

Attachments

• 5EB02F2A-F931-4896-885D-7B84BDCC6C8C.jpeg
    5EB02F2A-F931-4896-885D-7B84BDCC6C8C.jpeg
    859.9 KB · Views: 3

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.
Please read the caresheet on this forum and the closed chamber thread. Your tort has so pyramiding starting which says he's been started too dry and needs a closed chamber high humidity enclosure asap to get it to stop.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey everyone! Just bought a baby sulcata about 6 months ago! His names Toto! Just joined on here to give him his best life possible and read up on as much as I can! Hope to see you guys around!

-Tanner
Hello and welcome. Your baby is pyramiding heavily and has been housed far too dry. This damage is permanent, and you need to takes steps to correct the problem ASAP before it gets any worse.

Unfortunately, almost every source of tortoise care info is wrong. Vets, breeders, "experts", pet shops, the internet, FB, YT, etc... All of these sources are getting their info from the same old wrong sources. You have now found the only place I know of giving the correct care advice. Read through this a couple of times, and then come back with all your questions:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tanner, and welcome to the Forum!

For some reason, your photo has just grabbed my heart! I LOVE that photo.