hey im new here and cant get a pic uploaded :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
syracuse new york
hi :) have a baby leopard tortoise and am going to be getting a baby sulcata in a few days after I set up its tortoise table and get the heating stabilized in it and I would love to hear your suggestions and opinions of my set up. my baby leopard tortoise is names master ugaway.. (kung fu panda) lol I have 2 step sons.. I attached a file with the pics so hopefully it worked.... I just joined this forum today so im still getting the hang of it.

tort 1.jpg
tort 2.jpg tort 3.jpg tort 4.jpg
tort 5.jpg enclosure 1.jpg enclosure 1.jpg
enclosure 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Welcome to the forum. :)

Flash2013

5 Year Member
What a babe! I'm new here too. I have a Russian Tort I am absolutely bonkers over. Welcome! [TURTLE][GREEN HEART]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!!

Has anyone talked to you about keeping different species of tortoises in separate habitats?

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
The Colony Texas!
Welcome! I have a little red foot that is also as cute, but i like your baby more! (Dont tell her i said that) :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) leopards are great torts, I love mine. Now for the important stuff. Toms threads below in my post will explain how to raise both the leopard and the sulcata healthy and smooth. A quick peek, you need humidity of 80% with temps no lower the 80 and a basking of 95+ Soak them every day in warm water for 20-30 minutes until approx. 15 months or so, then you can cut back to every other day until they are over two and then about 1-2 times a week. The leopard and sulcata can not live in the same enclosure. The sully will grow faster then the leopard and will bully the leopard. It can also be the other way around, but probably not.

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
syracuse new york
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) leopards are great torts, I love mine. Now for the important stuff. Toms threads below in my post will explain how to raise both the leopard and the sulcata healthy and smooth. A quick peek, you need humidity of 80% with temps no lower the 80 and a basking of 95+ Soak them every day in warm water for 20-30 minutes until approx. 15 months or so, then you can cut back to every other day until they are over two and then about 1-2 times a week. The leopard and sulcata can not live in the same enclosure. The sully will grow faster then the leopard and will bully the leopard. It can also be the other way around, but probably not.

thanks for the welcomes:) and yeah I know they cant be in the same enclosure. my baby sulcata is getting a totally different tortoise table, one with a bit more substrate on the bottom so I can make some small burrows for him and such. im gonna be making a few more burrows for the leopard as well after the weekend.
ive been misting the baby leopard tort everyday and I mist the substrate on the basking side and half of the cool end. and he usually sits in his water dish for a few min each day. should I still be soaking him daily or just a couple times a week?

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
syracuse new york
tupacliveson16 said:
Welcome! I have a little red foot that is also as cute, but i like your baby more! (Dont tell her i said that) :D

haha thanks:) and I love the coloring of the red foot. I was debating between a leopard and a redfoot but the pattern of the adults just caught my eye.

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
syracuse new york
wellington said:

thanks for the heat info. the cool end gets to about 70-75 at night and I was debating on adding a low watt heat lamp on that side or should I just get a heat pad for underneath? all the different websites and people I talk to have all different opinions on the temps for the cool end of the enclosure

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
syracuse new york
wellington said:

thanks for the heat info. the cool end gets to about 70-75 at night and I was debating on adding a low watt heat lamp on that side or should I just get a heat pad for underneath? all the different websites and people I talk to have all different opinions on the temps for the cool end of the enclosure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
neonsparklexoxo said:
wellington said:

thanks for the heat info. the cool end gets to about 70-75 at night and I was debating on adding a low watt heat lamp on that side or should I just get a heat pad for underneath? all the different websites and people I talk to have all different opinions on the temps for the cool end of the enclosure.

With the proper humidity of 80, 70-75 is too low and could cause an RI. Temps, day and night no lower the 80

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
syracuse new york
Yvonne G said:
Welcome to the Forum!!

Has anyone talked to you about keeping different species of tortoises in separate habitats?

yeah they are going to be in separate tortoise tables. the sulcata has a bit of different needs than the needs of the leopard tortoise so I automatically was getting another for the sulcata. ill make it so that he can go down in the substrate a bit more than the leopard.

jaizei said:
Welcome to the forum. :)

thank you :)

wellington said:
neonsparklexoxo said:
wellington said:

With the proper humidity of 80, 70-75 is too low and could cause an RI. Temps, day and night no lower the 80

thankyou! i defiantly don't want him sick. im happy i asked instead of listening to one of my friends, who owns a pet store. he was way off. and would you recommend getting another light or a heat pad placed under the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.