New tortoise owner

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Idk what you have out there, but to find things other than the weeds I can grow I go to a place called sprouts farmers market. Thats where I get those staples he mentioned. Look at more organic stores or the Asian markets here have a lot of it too
Can I still use what I have or should I just consume it myself and only give him cilantro?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
You can use it, its just not amazing. But it won't harm the baby.
Look up Kapidolo Farms when you have time. There are great additives for the store bought greens that Tom was talking about. Doesn't have to be an immediate buy, but definitely will help your baby long term. I have a lot of them and they help add fiber and nutrients to the store bought stuffs. Also herbal hay from tortoise supply.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
You can use it, its just not amazing. But it won't harm the baby.
Look up Kapidolo Farms when you have time. There are great additives for the store bought greens that Tom was talking about. Doesn't have to be an immediate buy, but definitely will help your baby long term. I have a lot of them and they help add fiber and nutrients to the store bought stuffs. Also herbal hay from tortoise supply.
I’ll definitely give them a look and a try sometime! One step at a time! Next is substrate and exploring sprouts!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Did you find a sprouts near you? Awesome!
Off topic FYI they have avocado's the size of softballs! ??
What in heaven lol

I’m assuming that’s a no no for these guys!
Yep we have a couple in the valley! Ima definitely check them out soon!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
How long should I give him to adjust? I think timid or scared because he has his head inside his shell! ?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
How long should I give him to adjust? I think timid or scared because he has his head inside his shell! ?
He wants to eat the cilantro but he keeps missing or it may be to big for him!! What should I do? ??

since I had him he’s been drinking more water than anything else!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Yea, no! Not for him, just you lol.

And they don't like change so it'll probably take a while for him to relax properly. Also young torts do sleep alone just like human babies lol
He likes sleeping on my hand! A couple nights I let him sleep on my hand then put him in his hiding spot! He definitely sleeps a lot! Not sure if the light is doing it’s job but I guess we’ll see

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
He wants to eat the cilantro but he keeps missing or it may be to big for him!! What should I do? ??

since I had him he’s been drinking more water than anything else!!
Maybe move the food into a corner so it doesn't move on him and it makes it easier for him not to miss it, but thats good with the water. He looks dry so lots of water is good ? babies can tear up that food, no worries!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Maybe move the food into a corner so it doesn't move on him and it makes it easier for him not to miss it, but thats good with the water. He looks dry so lots of water is good ? babies can tear up that food, no worries!

anybody see anything wrong here? He’s making a little chirp noise again!He was just placed in water and he drank and he actually got out almost on his own! I’m using his clay bowl for his bath!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 14

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I guess I’ll leave him be for a moment..cause sometimes I work myself up for thinking to deep into stuff.. lol
anybody see anything wrong here? He’s making a little chirp noise again!He was just placed in water and he drank and he actually got out almost on his own! I’m using his clay bowl for his bath!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
He likes sleeping on my hand! A couple nights I let him sleep on my hand then put him in his hiding spot! He definitely sleeps a lot! Not sure if the light is doing it’s job but I guess we’ll see
I guess he’s basking lol he has his legs strengthen out!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12