My tort woke up from brumation but tomorrow the weather’s going to get cold AF

CharSparda

Location (City and/or State)
Mexico City
Hey,

So Raphael brumated for around two weeks lol and he woke up today because the weather is abou 80 F. However, tomorrow’s the weather’s gonna drop to between 46 to 54 F and the next weeks gonna be around the same…

First of all, should I feed him? He’s just standing there, walking a little bit… he looks fine, i gave him a soak and he’s clean.

Should I expect him to brumate again? Should I keep him woken up?

Should I turn on the heat lamps?

This is very confusing, he’s all happy today because he probably thinks the cold weather is gone but it’s just a lucky day…

image.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is not brumating. What your tortoise is doing is just going dormant for a few days waiting for warmer weather.

Is this tortoise housed indoors or out? If he's indoors, you just need to set up a basking lamp and possibly a CHE for more ambient heat if needed.

CharSparda

Mexico City
That is not brumating. What your tortoise is doing is just going dormant for a few days waiting for warmer weather.

Is this tortoise housed indoors or out? If he's indoors, you just need to set up a basking lamp and possibly a CHE for more ambient heat if needed.

He is indoors yes and he has his basking lamp and his CHE, so should I just warm his enclosure enough for him to keep him awake?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He is indoors yes and he has his basking lamp and his CHE, so should I just warm his enclosure enough for him to keep him awake?
Yes. The temperature directly under the basking lamp should be around 36C. Try to get ambient up around 24-27C during the day, and it helps to keep ambient around 20-21C over night.

CharSparda

Mexico City
Yes. The temperature directly under the basking lamp should be around 36C. Try to get ambient up around 24-27C during the day, and it helps to keep ambient around 20-21C over night.

Thanks! I already gave him some Kale and turned on the basking bulb and he’s doing fine, eating and walking around.