New to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelG96

5 Year Member
Hello! I have a Russian tortoise, female, who I absolutely love. I've been doing some research and I don't know if the indoor habitat I have for her is good. I was told that a fish tank type enclosure would be ok but them I did some online research and I read that they need something more open to get better air. Should I consider getting something else? And if so what should it be?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, RachelG96. I prefer housing them outside.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! To give you a better answer first can I ask you two questions? How big is your tortoise and how bis is the tank?

RachelG96

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! To give you a better answer first can I ask you two questions? How big is your tortoise and how bis is the tank?

She's in a 40 gallon tank and she's about 4 inches long and 3 inches wide.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I keep my Russian in the biggest Rubber Maid tote I could buy. It works out very good. I think its like a 55 gallon tote and I use coco coir for her bedding.

RachelG96

5 Year Member
cemmons12 said:
I keep my Russian in the biggest Rubber Maid tote I could buy. It works out very good. I think its like a 55 gallon tote and I use coco coir for her bedding.

Thank you! Im definitly going to do that. :)

RachelG96

5 Year Member
cemmons12 said:

Is there specific lights i need? Right now im using a UVB light and a heat lamp.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Like all things in life, bigger is better. I prefer old book cases for my indoor enclosure, but outside IMHO is the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.