New to forum but not to reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Talarra

Hi everyone,

My name is Wendy, I am located in Utah and I just found this site and I am already in love with all your turtles and torties. I am really excited to see so many people who love their critters as much as my family does.

We currently have 8 torties and 4 water turtles. I've had one of my water turtles, a male western painted for 23 years now. Most of mine are rescues and I simply love them. We also have 15 snakes, 2 frogs, 3 cats, 3 dogs, a hamster and many fish tanks.

All my torties are deserts, except one and he is supposedly a bolson but I am not so sure of that, I know he is different from the rest that's for sure. My friend got the torties thru a rescue some 35-40 years ago and about 5 years ago she decided she didn't have time for them so they came to live with me and we love them. Currently there are 3 adults (40+ years), 1 sub adult (about 10 years) and 4 hatchlings from last year. We also got 7 eggs yesterday from my female.

I look forward to getting to know you and your torties.

Wendy

T

Talarra

Laura said:
pictures are a MUST to be here... just saying... :)

LOL Hopefully I will figure out soon how to post pictures, in the mean time heres a link to my webshot album. In my webshots you will see pics of the torties and of some of my other pets. I also posted a few videos of my dippy males fighting but they are really grainy and not clear.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/567282979QFJPKz?start=0

Wendy

tomt

5 Year Member
Talarra said:
Hi everyone,

My name is Wendy, I am located in Utah and I just found this site and I am already in love with all your turtles and torties. I am really excited to see so many people who love their critters as much as my family does.

We currently have 8 torties and 4 water turtles. I've had one of my water turtles, a male western painted for 23 years now. Most of mine are rescues and I simply love them. We also have 15 snakes, 2 frogs, 3 cats, 3 dogs, a hamster and many fish tanks.

All my torties are deserts, except one and he is supposedly a bolson but I am not so sure of that, I know he is different from the rest that's for sure. My friend got the torties thru a rescue some 35-40 years ago and about 5 years ago she decided she didn't have time for them so they came to live with me and we love them. Currently there are 3 adults (40+ years), 1 sub adult (about 10 years) and 4 hatchlings from last year. We also got 7 eggs yesterday from my female.

I look forward to getting to know you and your torties.

Wendy
Wendy,
If you read around on this site, there is some discussion about rewilding bolson tortoises. If your tortoise is a bolson, there is interest in using your tortoise to help the rewilding effort. Bolsons were sold in the 60s and 70s and your tortoise may have been one of these. If you are interested let me know and I will have someone contact you with more info. Thanks Tom

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Wendy:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

If you'll post a couple pictures of your Bolson's tortoise, we can confirm or I.D. it for you. Nice clear shots of the top and of the bottom.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Wendy, welcome to TFO!

P.S. Sorry I some how missed you before. With my daughter using my laptop, I am having huge gaps in time to be on in here. Anyways, better late then never, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.