New Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
Hey guys so I was just at a local pet store and they had a three-year-old maybe two-year-old sully. I a very small 30 gallon aquarium. I actually know the girl who originally purchased this little guy. it was on consignment at the store. when she first bought it I said to her do you realize what kind of commitment this is going to be? I also asked her if she realized the massive size the Sulcata gets she said it'll be fine it'll be just like having a small dog I told her if you call 100 pounds small. I even pushed her towards this forum and told her if she's going to have this tortoise she should become familiar with the people on the forum. Anyway I'm happy to give this little guy a permanent home.

1.0 Sulcata
1.0 Russian
2.0 Sri Lankan Star
1.0 African Side Neck
1.0 Yellow Bellied Slider
1.0 Ferret
2.0 Cats

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
TortoiseRN said:
Hey guys so I was just at a local pet store and they had a three-year-old maybe two-year-old sully. I a very small 30 gallon aquarium. I actually know the girl who originally purchased this little guy. it was on consignment at the store. when she first bought it I said to her do you realize what kind of commitment this is going to be? I also asked her if she realized the massive size the Sulcata gets she said it'll be fine it'll be just like having a small dog I told her if you call 100 pounds small. I even pushed her towards this forum and told her if she's going to have this tortoise she should become familiar with the people on the forum. Anyway I'm happy to give this little guy a permanent home.

You are teasing us.... Where are the pics:)

1.0 Sulcata
1.0 Russian
2.0 Sri Lankan Star
1.0 African Side Neck
1.0 Ferret
2.0 Cats

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Good save nice lookin little guy.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
She does have some slight pyramiding but I hope to slow it down/ stop it with a little TLC and a humid hide.

2.0 Children
1.0 Wife
2.0 Sulcata
1.0 Russian
2.0 Sri Lankan Star
1.0 African Side Neck
1.0 Ferret
2.0 Cats

View attachment 57807
Already chowing down some Mazuri.

2.0 Children
1.0 Wife
2.0 Sulcata
1.0 Russian
2.0 Sri Lankan Star
1.0 African Side Neck
1.0 Ferret
2.0 Cats

Last edited by a moderator:

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Wow, she looks pretty good. Glad she's with someone who understands the commitment.

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif
She is lucky you have found her..... make sure to keep posting pictures of her progress..... any name yet?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
That looks like it was not taken care of properly. It looks like it should be a 1 year old..well, looks like he/she will be taken care of now...good luck to you. And great save. Poor thing...

lkwagner

5 Year Member
She'll be double the size in a couple months :) good save! I love the dark ones, I have a dark one too!

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. I think she's beautiful. My other sully is so much lighter in color. After she is done being quarantined I'll post pics of the two together. O

2.0 Children
1.0 Wife
2.0 Sulcata
1.0 Russian
2.0 Sri Lankan Star
1.0 African Side Neck
1.0 Ferret
2.0 Cats

mainey34 said:
That looks like it was not taken care of properly. It looks like it should be a 1 year old..well, looks like he/she will be taken care of now...good luck to you. And great save. Poor thing...

Thanks Mainey! I agree he/she was not being properly taken care of. I will say however she is VERY social loves to be held.

2.0 Children
1.0 Wife
2.0 Sulcata
1.0 Russian
2.0 Sri Lankan Star
1.0 African Side Neck
1.0 Ferret
2.0 Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.