New sulcatta hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollininthehay82

5 Year Member
I just got my sulcatta in the mail today from backwater reptiles and I'm trying to figure out what to start feeding it. Do I just go out in the yard and pick some grass or is there something better?

surie_the_tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
findlay,ohio
first read toms threads that will help you out a lot with the care. dandilion greens are good , yea they will eat the grass also though. read as many threads as you can on sulcata there is a lot to learn

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You better hurry up and start reading. You are way behind the curve. Hatchlings are not forgiving of beginner mistakes.

There is a ton of baby sulcata info in my signature, including diet. Good luck. Hope we can help.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Hi, welcome and congrats! You should give it as much grass as you can. Weeds are another great addition to its diet. Make sure your grass and weeds are pesticide free! If you have to feed it grocery store food, Santa Barbara mix is a good choice along with collards, kale, endive, escarole, dandelion greens, raddicio, radish greens, grape leaves, mulberry leaves, squash as an occasional treat, mustard greens, turnip greens, etc. Post pictures and good luck.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
hmmm if you are just now trying to figure out what to feed it... what kind of set up do you have? heat? lights? water?
glad you found this forum... now start reading! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.