New Sulcata Owner

SpikeandMe

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently was given a sully from someone who could no longer care for it. He/she is about a year and a half. I look forward to learning how to care for my new friend Spike.

AntonioImageUploadedByTortForum1394505793.847501.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1394505858.335578.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome! Your new tortoise needs a humid set up asap to stop the pyramiding . Read all the top threads in the sulcata section . You will find dietary and housing needs of your tortoise . When he is one hundred pounds you will never know he ever was pyramiding .

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Welcome Antonio! My sulcata came to me the way Spike came to you. He was younger than Spike, but was given to me by someone that couldn't care for him any longer. This forum has been my best guide to providing the right care for my sulcata for the past three years. Glad you joined us.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Please read Toms threads below in my post to learn how your sulcata should have been started to keep it smooth. Yours has pyramiding, so was not started out the right way. No worries, lots of us did the same wrong thing. The person owning yours probably fell for the old bad info too. You can help stop the pyramiding by providing a humid enclosure or hide.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.

Yes....you got to read Tom's threads. I got lots help from that thread.

Glad to have you here. This is a great place to learn and share.