New Sulcata Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallviel

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cebu, Philippines
Hi,

I'm from Cebu and my tortoise's name is Chevy. He/She is a 5-month old sulcata tortoise and will turn a week tomorrow on my care. Would like to ask any tips or advise especially from my fellow sully owners here in the Philippines. My primary concern is what foods to give based on Chevy's age which is less than a year old? Also, would like to know what's the best substrate to use? Temporarily, I use wood chips and been feeding him/her chinese cabbage (petchay) which Chevy really loves. Every meal, I sprinkled his/her foods with Repti Calcium supplement.

Really not sure if what I have been doing is best for my baby but all I wanted for him is to grow healthy and happy with me.[/size][/font]

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Tbere are threads specially for sulcatas on the main page. To.'s threads are great on caring for sulcatas. I recommend you read them so that you'll know what to feed your tort. After reading these, if you have any concerns or questions, were here:)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Cabbage is okay once in a while but not every day. Same thing with calcium supplementation. A little but twice a week is all you need. Every day is not good because it can interfere with the absorption of other minerals, trace elements and nutrients.

Here is a diet sheet for you:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-76744.html

We have a member in the Philippines with the username "Nobody". He is a friend. Try to PM him. We also have several other members who I have talked to over there that are very nice too. They might have some good tips too.

Status
Not open for further replies.