New sulcata mom

bullanddoser1

Hello,
My name is Ashley and I am in NM. I have 2 sulcatas that are about 1 year old, Bull and Doser. One is still small and the other is a little monster. They have some pyramiding already. It is very dry in NM so I give them a 15 min bath everyday.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Ashley, and welcome to the forum!

There's some very good reading material at the top of the sulcata section about raising young sulcata tortoises and what they need.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Ashley welcome to the TFO from AZ . We do like Picts . You have a great tort day ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bullanddoser1

Thank you for the information.
I have a question. How do I get my sulcatas to like me? The big one dose ok but the small one will not come out if I am close.

Louisiana
I am also so new to this but it takes a little while for them to get use to you. I would just rub her shell and within a few weeks she would let me rub her head and take food from my hand. I don't know if it's really a she yet though. Enjoy learning

Sent from my iPhone using Tortoise Forum.
Peaches

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings and welcome to this Forum. I'm wondering if you are keeping both of your hatchlings together in the same enclosure? If Bull n Dozer are together, it would explain why the more dominant larger one is friendly, and the smaller one is submissive AND afraid of you. Especially if you have had them together for a year.

bullanddoser1

They came home 2 months ago from a breader in Arizona. I do have them together, I did not know that was bad. The zoo in NM has 3 together. They do not fight and they like to sleep together. I will work on another enclosure, if that is what is best.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The zoo may have two females and one male . In groups and in large enclosures you can get away with it . Two sulcatas is a very bad idea . Tortoises are very territorial . They can kill the smaller one . Welcome to TFO! All you need to do is read the links Tom posted and you will understand . After you have read them and have questions Tom is always willing to help .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here. I think you already find out this is a great place to learn and share. Care to share some photo of your two Sully?