New Stack of Animal Plastics CLosed Chambers

Longhorns1187

Location (City and/or State)
Omaha, NE
Going to be picking up our 2 enclosures tomorrow. I'll try to post some pics afterwards.

Tom is correct...definitely plan ahead. We gave ourselves a 6 month buffer and it'll be just shy of that timetable tomorrow.

Ali is awesome to work with though and you hardly ever read bad reviews about their products.

Salspi

Chicago
Going to be picking up our 2 enclosures tomorrow. I'll try to post some pics afterwards.

Tom is correct...definitely plan ahead. We gave ourselves a 6 month buffer and it'll be just shy of that timetable tomorrow.

Ali is awesome to work with though and you hardly ever read bad reviews about their products.

Congrats! I’m sure you’re excited...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
A star bay.
I'm going to keep them another couple of weeks and then the first batch should be ready for sale. Some of them are already over 40 grams! That's more than double their hatch weight. And I have so many weeds up right now that I haven't even fed them Mazuri one time yet...

Diamond

phoenix,az
I'm going to keep them another couple of weeks and then the first batch should be ready for sale. Some of them are already over 40 grams! That's more than double their hatch weight. And I have so many weeds up right now that I haven't even fed them Mazuri one time yet...

Diamond

phoenix,az
Ok, keep me posted. My Hermani and Russian have grown nicely on weeds, flowers and dandelion. I'm always trying to grow food in the garden for them, They both have done nicely.

AJK Aquaria

Looks fantastic Tom. A couple questions...

The visual barriers at the bottom front- is that your addition, or did AP provide that?

How deep is the cage for substrate? I own 4) 4x2' cages. The worst part is losing substrate all over the floor when I open them.

Thanks in advance.

Longhorns1187

Omaha, NE

The visual barriers at the bottom front- is that your addition, or did AP provide that?

How deep is the cage for substrate? I own 4) 4x2' cages. The worst part is losing substrate all over the floor when I open them.

Thanks in advance.
You can customize the "litter dam" to be whatever depth you want. No extra charge for that. [emoji106] We did 2 different depths for our 2 enclosures. I would have made it deeper if I had a chance to do it over again, especially since ours are 24" tall cages. I like Tom's idea of using it as a visual barrier.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Thanks in advance.

When I did the order, Ali, the customer service rep explained all the options and asked me what I preferred. They call those visual barriers "litter dams" and I asked for them to be 6" tall since I use 3-4" of substrate. An added benefit is that I can walk away with the sliding glass door open and the baby tortoises can't climb or fall out.

The customer service there is great and they really know their products. Each cage is really a custom job with all the available option and people can make them suitable for just about anything.

AJK Aquaria

Thanks guys.

When I ordered mine years ago I wasn't given that option. Didn't ask, though. Is their website still designed like it wad launched in 2001, lol? I remember Ali. A professional.

Longhorns1187

Omaha, NE
Thanks guys.

When I ordered mine years ago I wasn't given that option. Didn't ask, though. Is their website still designed like it wad launched in 2001, lol? I remember Ali. A professional.
It has been recently updated, but it's still not the best around. I don't think they have everything on it quite yet either, so it's still better to just call and talk to Ali directly, IMHO.

daniellenc

Maryland
I’ve been eyeing their 8 ft cage for next year but am hesitant wondering if it will be big enough for a full grown red foot?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It has been recently updated, but it's still not the best around. I don't think they have everything on it quite yet either, so it's still better to just call and talk to Ali directly, IMHO.
Not addressing you personally, just talking about the website and business in general.

Some business people are very good at marketing and putting on a good show. We see this with tortoise sellers all day long. Doesn't mean the product or service is good, and often it is not.

Other business people make a top of the line high quality product and don't care about marketing, websites or taking over the whole world and making billions of dollars. I'd rather deal with the company that sucks at marketing, but offers an excellent product at a fair price.

Just saying for the sake of conversation...

AJK Aquaria

Well said Tom. Any specialized and customisable product or livestock really should not have an 'add to cart' feature. I did start with the website joke, but it is useable. Hope i didn't ruffle any feathers.

For those of you looking to order from AP and possibly turned off a bit on shipping costs, they do offer the option of bringing your cages to reptile shows/swaps. It will not necessarily expedite your order, but a nice option they provide. The NARBC tour lands here in March and October, and they do attend that in certain areas of the country. Or at least they did back when I ordered mine. An opportunity to meet up with them and see their booth. I have 1 of their snake racks as well. It's a quality product.

Longhorns1187

Omaha, NE
Not addressing you personally, just talking about the website and business in general.

Some business people are very good at marketing and putting on a good show. We see this with tortoise sellers all day long. Doesn't mean the product or service is good, and often it is not.

Other business people make a top of the line high quality product and don't care about marketing, websites or taking over the whole world and making billions of dollars. I'd rather deal with the company that sucks at marketing, but offers an excellent product at a fair price.

Just saying for the sake of conversation...
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. I literally scoured the internet for months reading reviews on different cage manufacturers and AP consistantly came up as the best around. I love the way my cages turned out and there is no one else that would've customized them the way AP did, for free. Installing all the lights I sent and routing all the cords the way they did, is pretty remarkable. They've got a customer for life in us and I won't hesitate to recommend them to anybody who asks. I just need more space to put more cages...lol.

Erik Elvis

Delaware
Just put an order In For a T70. Still not sure what I want to do for the lighting. But she said it’s ok to put the order in now and work on the lighting as we wait for it to be built. They’re estimating 10-12 weeks.

Rodrigo

Watsonville, CA
AKA: Tom's baby emporium.

@GStars asked for a pic on my new baby raising enclosures the other day. I only had a partial, but I took a fuller one today.

Each cage is 96x30 and divided in the middle into two 48x30 cages for starting babies. The colored tape on each upper right corner shows the number of babies in each enclosure and also corresponds to the soaking tubs that rest on top of the cages. I've got stars on top, sulcatas in the middle and SA leopards on the bottom.
View attachment 236407

View attachment 236413

View attachment 236408

View attachment 236409

View attachment 236412
What type of bedding is that?