New Russian Tortoise Owner

ChloeCrull

Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, California
Hi Eric, me again!

I have to respectfully disagree with the link for substrate that Chloe gave you. NEVER EVER use pine as a substrate. Pine has aromatic oils that can be harmful to tortoises. Pine, cedar...any of those with a strong aroma and oil should not be used as bedding.

Thank you for pointing that out, @Yvonne G ! Do you mind editing the "*Note*" section for me in my post to mention that? I've run out of time to do so :) Thank you!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Welcome!! I know your head is probably spinning right now. Take a deep breath and relax. I would start with reading in the "enclosure" section and see what you and your dad can come up with. If you get him involved he may really enjoy spending time with you building the enclosure. Then go from there. Then in the spring you guys can work on a safe outdoor enclosure. Your little guy is really cute!

Egerard98

Welcome!! I know your head is probably spinning right now. Take a deep breath and relax. I would start with reading in the "enclosure" section and see what you and your dad can come up with. If you get him involved he may really enjoy spending time with you building the enclosure. Then go from there. Then in the spring you guys can work on a safe outdoor enclosure. Your little guy is really cute!

My brothers are actually coming home from college this weekend for christmas break and we planned on building his new enclosure during the time they're home! Any suggestions on materials as far as constructing it? Wood? We kind of wanted to build it as opposed to a plastic container