• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

New Plant Popped Up

RosemaryDW

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
I’ve never bothered to smell one; I don’t recall them smelling good on eggplants, another relative.

Nash

Hi Tom, I've been following your, Mark and Yvonne's advice for the past 5 years. I have a sulcata. The advice from Tortoise Forum has been how I've managed to bring up a healthy one. I want to ask though... this is a wonderful picture of that weed. You immediately got advice if its good or bad for sulcatas/torts. I know there is a written list that has been posted by you and friends but I'd like to ask if there could be a pictured list posted. I'm in southern New Mexico and like the rest of the desert weeds pop up. Now that we are in "Stay at home" situation, I can't run to my local Extension Agent and see what it is. Sometimes they don't even know. I just thought it would be a good idea to see pictures of weeds instead of just their names. I know it would be for me.

Kapidolo Farms

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi Tom, I've been following your, Mark and Yvonne's advice for the past 5 years. I have a sulcata. The advice from Tortoise Forum has been how I've managed to bring up a healthy one. I want to ask though... this is a wonderful picture of that weed. You immediately got advice if its good or bad for sulcatas/torts. I know there is a written list that has been posted by you and friends but I'd like to ask if there could be a pictured list posted. I'm in southern New Mexico and like the rest of the desert weeds pop up. Now that we are in "Stay at home" situation, I can't run to my local Extension Agent and see what it is. Sometimes they don't even know. I just thought it would be a good idea to see pictures of weeds instead of just their names. I know it would be for me.
They all do have pictures with the names. "Name of Plant - wiki" and a picture pops right up, every time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Besides that, we have a thread here on the Forum with pictures, and I add to it all the time. Look under Diet and food, sub forum Plant Identification.