New Pic's of Princess Leia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
I just took these pics of my love... Princess Leia. In one of the pics you may not be able to tell but I am hanging my hand over the top of her enclosure. When I do this she rubs her face then shell on it while walking by. I love this and do it every day now! She kind of reminds me of a cat when she does it.

Attachments

• Leia snacking.jpg
    Leia snacking.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Leia BIG bite shot.jpg
    Leia BIG bite shot.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Leia saying hi.jpg
    Leia saying hi.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Bringing it in for the real thing.jpg
    Bringing it in for the real thing.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Too cool for school.jpg
    Too cool for school.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 55

TillyTianasMummy

5 Year Member
She us beautiful :) my leopard loves to rub her shell against things too. How old is Princess Leia?

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
She seems so outgoing! I notice in the first pic the spinach in your spring mix, I used to be able to find it without spinach but recently it seems like every spring mix has it in there, and I never bother to take it out cause I dont think a little bit will hurt. Does she eat any hay at all? Mine still wont touch it at 3.5 years.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
She's still looking great, "Mom".

I think its really cool that you enjoy her so much.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jeffbens0n said:
She seems so outgoing! I notice in the first pic the spinach in your spring mix, I used to be able to find it without spinach but recently it seems like every spring mix has it in there, and I never bother to take it out cause I dont think a little bit will hurt. Does she eat any hay at all? Mine still wont touch it at 3.5 years.

She doesn't eat hay. And she doesn't get a lot of Spring mix. That was her snack. She mainly eats Kale. Collard Greens, Opuntia Cactus and Mazuri I did not think Spinach was bad. Soon I will be adding fresh weeds and dandelions.

TillyTianasMummy said:
She us beautiful :) my leopard loves to rub her shell against things too. How old is Princess Leia?

The people we got her from said she was 3. But when we took her to her vet well visit they said she was between 5-7 based on length and weight. She is a solid thing at 10 pounds.

Tom said:
She's still looking great, "Mom".

I think its really cool that you enjoy her so much.

Thanks Tom! She's opened me up to a whole new world. I want to retire to the South so I can be like you and Aldabraman!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Erin, she is gorgeous!!!!! I think it's great how much you love her! I feel the same about Daisy Lou and I have only had her 3 months now!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
She is gorgeous! Since we both live in the same state, I think Stop and shop carries their own brand of caramel valley and the versaile mix or however it's spelled... it contains the good stuff and nothing bad. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Caramel-Valley-Mix#axzz1DumdNPOq
That's the one I usually use when I don't have the time to chop up stuff or to give them a mix of random things.
I can't remember why spinach was not good, I think it has too much protein or something? Someone I'm sure will correct me.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Mao Senpai said:
She is gorgeous! Since we both live in the same state, I think Stop and shop carries their own brand of caramel valley and the versaile mix or however it's spelled... it contains the good stuff and nothing bad. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Caramel-Valley-Mix#axzz1DumdNPOq
That's the one I usually use when I don't have the time to chop up stuff or to give them a mix of random things.

Thanks so much! I will get it tomorrow.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That is one great looking leopard!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mao Senpai said:
I can't remember why spinach was not good, I think it has too much protein or something? Someone I'm sure will correct me.

Hi Mao. Spinach is relatively high in oxalates. Oxalates bind with calcium, making it inaccessible to the tort. A little bit once in a while is fine, especially during the summer when they are getting lots of sunshine. On the other hand, spinach is high in iron and some other good stuff. I feed it to my adults about once every month or two. I let the little ones have a little bit of it mixed in with other greens when they are getting sun every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.