New pics and update on sammy and squirtle

Bradari

So here are a few new pics of my Littlies.

They seem to be ding really well now, still sleep a lot but much more active and happy in general and eating
Beautifully. im so relieved cause squirtle scared me. didn't eat for a whole week, but after 4x baby food soaks he is now eating like a champ.

I still need weigh and measure them, I keep forgetting. and I really need to find a better substrate for the bottom of their tank, just waiting for pay day.
need to get more outdoor pics.

And Sammy the smaller of the 2 seems to be having a slight shell colour change.

So far we haven't found anymore babies in the yard

Attachments

• IMG-20140605-04417.jpg
    IMG-20140605-04417.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-20140609-04421.jpg
    IMG-20140609-04421.jpg
    896.1 KB · Views: 37

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are cute. However they look like they are pyramiding. What is the humidity? Is the whole enclosure wood chip substrate? I would add coconut coir to it, it holds humidity really well. They should have 80% humidity with temps no lower then 80.

Bradari

Yvonne also mentioned the pyramiding, although im new to babies so I don't seeit. their shells look more indented to me, but what do I know lol.

they have only been in their enclosure about w eek now, maybe just more, they hatched in my back yard what a surprise. their humidity is only at 60at the moment, im trying to get it up, temps at 32.
I cant get the cocnut stuff here, or the moss u guys speak of so im getting Malsch today to add for more humidity.