New Photo's of my Desert Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenP

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So took a couple of new pics of my 2 babies, I have had them a week now, and so far they seem to be doing great, there seems to be a difference in size, even though from the same batch, hope that is ok.
The larger one is Josephine, named after my Mom, she is a breast Cancer survivor and a true fighter, the Smaller is for now, called Dallas, yes after the Cowboys!!
I will be changing their habitat at the weekend to something bigger, and please excuse the upside down coffee box lol they had a log, little did I know they would insist on climbing it!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 95

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Oh my goodness. They are like little caramels, so sweet. Cuteness-a-go-go. I love how one has polka dots on the scutes. They are both little jewels. Lucky chicky you! : )

HelenP

5 Year Member
Apple Valley, California
Thank you :) my friend found 2 more babies this morning wondering about, not sure how many there are yet, maybe more, we have found 6 so far, I am sure a few have not made it, due to crows etc :( but we check every day for more.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
HelenP said:
Thank you :) my friend found 2 more babies this morning ...

Oh wow. My grandpa found his that way, in 1952. He was on a Sunday get away trip with grandma, taking pictures of the desert and he saw a small rock move. It was a baby. The chances? Then he saw birds above, hovering. He and grandma spent 4 hours looking to see if more babies were around. He found 3 more. My brother has them today by inheritance. They are that old, yes. Family jewels, kid you not. And grandpa raised them the first two years in a Wardian case that grandma had her African violets in, with a lamp underneath for warm and since it was a fancy closed chamber, humidity. (I should post a picture of it someday, very Victorian). He somehow knew what we are all doing now. Hot and humid = healthy + happy. : ) Love those babies.

HelenP

5 Year Member
Apple Valley, California
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
HelenP said:
Thank you :) my friend found 2 more babies this morning ...

Oh wow. My grandpa found his that way, in 1952. He was on a Sunday get away trip with grandma, taking pictures of the desert and he saw a small rock move. It was a baby. The chances? Then he saw birds above, hovering. He and grandma spent 4 hours looking to see if more babies were around. He found 3 more. My brother has them today by inheritance. They are that old, yes. Family jewels, kid you not. And grandpa raised them the first two years in a Wardian case that grandma had her African violets in, with a lamp underneath for warm and since it was a fancy closed chamber, humidity. (I should post a picture of it someday, very Victorian). He somehow knew what we are all doing now. Hot and humid = healthy + happy. : ) Love those babies.

Wow amazing, yes if you can post pictures :) I must get a couple pics of the parents lol He has had them a few years now, both adopted, 1st time they have mated that he is aware off, as they have run of his yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.