East UK
Hello everybody

I'm a new owner of a year old Hermann.

I'm based in the east of the UK.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome. Please post pictures of your tort and ots enclosure and we will do what we can to ensure your new friend settles in quickly :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Spyro

East UK
Thanks everybody

Here a few pics; I know the enclosure is not the recommended one but it is doing its job so far.

I soak it three/four time a week but often it is asleep in the morning and evening, is it ok to wake them up?IMG-20150624-WA0000.jpeg IMG_20150627_110044847.jpg IMG_20150623_174438404_HDR.jpg IMG-20150624-WA0000.jpeg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
He is an absolute beauty.
Your substrate looks rather dry, what is it and what is the humidity as this is a crucial factor in raising tortoises.
Lights should generally point down into an enclosure to give a basking spot, best uvb etc. and prolong the life of the bulb.
If you use a non- transparent soaking pot, he will not be so keen to escape.
And i hope he also has a water bowl, a shallow terracotta saucer sunk into the substrate is a good and cheap choice that will help keep him hydrated.
if you know any or all of this already, then sorry, but thought I'd point it out, I learned so much from the forum contrary to what the pet stores and books informed me.