Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyLou

5 Year Member
Hey, my name is Amy and I am new to this site. I don't have a tortoise yet but will be getting one on my birthday (September). I am going to get a marginated tortoise but I'm not sure what the best things are to have for its house or its food. Any info would be really helpful if you have any for me:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! *waves* September is a great month to have a birthday in! :D Nice you have some time to plan and research before the great birthday gift arrives. How did you decide upon a marginated?

AmyLou

5 Year Member
I was looking on a Website that sells tortoises and they had a few different kinds. I looked at the marginated ones and I knew that was the one I wanted. They have really nice markings and I was told they would make a great starter tortoise:)

AmyLou

5 Year Member
This will be my first:) I am excited but nervous because I don't really know what to do.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
Hi! Welcome to our community! These people help me a lot when I have questions about my RT :D you should research about your new pet. It's exciting and fun, but tortoises need a lot more than a pet goldfish. It varies by tortoise species, but you need a basking area and a cool end so that when the tortoise's blood temperature rises, he can cool down a little bit. One tip. Happy bday anyways, mine was a month ago :p :tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

AmyLou

5 Year Member
I'm not sure whether to have Sheldon (that's what in going to call him) outside or inside. I'm getting him as a hatchling but I'm not sure with the weather we have (I live in England).

And thank you:)

RussTort

10 Year Member!
Pretty sure a hatchling should always be inside. When he gets older you can probably have him in an outdoor pen during the summer.

Welcome, this forum is amazing.

AmyLou

5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm going to buy him a table and he will go in my room with me:) thankyou for the advice everyone:)

Maggie and Torie the Tort

5 Year Member
USA
I keep my (baby Hermanns) tortoise out side a lot, that's where he/she is pretty much all of the time. I think it better to keep tortoises outside when ever you can. I feel bad when putting Torie inside because she seems happier when she is outside.

AmyLou

5 Year Member
I will maybe make one inside and one outside so he can choose which he like better:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Amy:

Welcome to the Forum!

Shelllover

5 Year Member
Welcome! My birthday is in Sep as well :) You are smart for coming here BEFORE you get your tortoise. Wish I would have done that! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.