new member and owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki2x2

5 Year Member
Hi, my name is Vicki, I have a russian tortoise named Scooter that we got in August. He lived outside until it got to cold and right now is in a tub, but I am wanting to build him a tortoise table. I was going to use a plastic swimming pool but then he would have to be in the spare room and I would really like him out where he can be part of the family. So I am reading and learning about my boy, and planning to somehow build (haha) him a table. We live in Michigan, so he will be indoors for quite a while, so I want to make it nice for him and for us.

Vicki

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Vicki! Is Scooter your first tortoise? I think many folks in here would have told you before they got their tortoises, that they could not build anything. Then along comes a tortoises needing a new enclosure and they find they not only can build one, they can do one very special to them. Glad you have found us! :tort:

Vicki2x2

5 Year Member
Yes, Scooter is my first. I have a work bench I am thinking of converting or finding a bookcase and going with that idea. I might not be a great builder, but I can improvise like crazy!

kjturtlegirl

5 Year Member
South Chicago Suburb
Hello, I'm new here too. I just bought a new enclosure for my box turtle and it would be great for a Russian tortoise too. It's called the zoomed tortoise house. Not sure if it will work but I will try to attach a pic.......

image-2377872936.png

I have it on a wheeled base so it's not sitting on the ground where it can be drafty. Daisy (my turtle) & I love it!!! Check it out online. On amazon.com it was less then $100 and shipped for free. Good luck!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
kjturtlegirl said:
Hello, I'm new here too. I just bought a new enclosure for my box turtle and it would be great for a Russian tortoise too.

Hi KJ! Have you made a new intro thread yet, letting us know a bit about you?

Vicki2x2 said:
Yes, Scooter is my first. I have a work bench I am thinking of converting or finding a bookcase and going with that idea. I might not be a great builder, but I can improvise like crazy!

You will find the ability to improvise a great asset to you as a tortoise keeper.
:D

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Hi there, Vicki. Welcome!

I see only one problem with your first post...it lacks a picture of little Scooter. I think this is an oversight on your part, or perhaps a problem with your computer. You should work to correct it. :D :p

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
the bigger the better!,, the book cases work great.. or you can keep your eyes open for the xmas tree storage totes.. they are great too!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Vicki:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Vicki2x2

5 Year Member
Yes, I realized after I posted, I should have included a picture of Scooter. Now I can't figure out how to in a reply. I see how to attach it in a new thread. Am I missing it? Not surprising if I am.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Vicki2x2 said:
Yes, I realized after I posted, I should have included a picture of Scooter. Now I can't figure out how to in a reply. I see how to attach it in a new thread. Am I missing it? Not surprising if I am.

Is should be the same in a reply as in a new thread. What form are you using? Like photobucket or?

Vicki2x2

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Vicki2x2 said:

Is should be the same in a reply as in a new thread. What form are you using? Like photobucket or?

Ok, I'm so blind, now I see it! Let's see if this works. Here is my little Scoots! These were taken right after we brought Scooter home.

Attachments

• 20110630191943.jpg
    20110630191943.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20110630191821.jpg
    20110630191821.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.