New & lost

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Those kids should be held responsible for their horrific behavior. I cannot believe that their parents let them get away with it. Those are the type of kids that will wind up in jail for hurting or killng a person and/or persons.
Jail would be the right place for them. Don't know HOW and WHY some children can be SO HARSH!

Killerrookie

Jail would be the right place for them. Don't know HOW and WHY some children can be SO HARSH!
Gillian there just kids, yes they should be punished but no one in this world will put a kid in jail for hurting or killing a animal because we are idiot humans that don't give one F about a innocent animal because we are to cooked up being selfish or a destroy of all life.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Gillian there just kids, yes they should be punished but no one in this world will put a kid in jail for hurting or killing a animal because we are idiot humans that don't give one F about a innocent animal because we are to cooked up being selfish or a destroy of all life.
I do realize that they are children, BUT even children should be TAUGHT, for example: 'This is right/wrong. You're allowed to do this/not that.' See what I mean?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I do realize that they are children, BUT even children should be TAUGHT, for example: 'This is right/wrong. You're allowed to do this/not that.' See what I mean?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please let's don't let this thread get off track.

I'm so glad you were able to rescue this little box turtle. Read a couple of good care sheets:

http://boxturtlesite.info/bxbook.html

http://www.turtlepuddle.org/american/boxcare.html

...and give your new turtle time to recover from his traumatic experience.

Call one of your local news stations and see if they will cover the story. The kids' names will not be broadcast, but it might be a wake-up call for the parents and police if it gets out that no one is doing anything about it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom you probably have secret that you never told your parents.

Absolutely I do. I was a bad kid and got away with murder...

Still, while I was a child, my parents were responsible for the things I did whether I attempted to keep those things secret or not. That they did not know what I was up to, did not absolve them of responsibility for it. They should have known and been paying attention, just as the parents of these little animal torturers should have known.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Now some are born from acting out fantasies on animals. Most serial killers are born from...
1. Growing up Lonely/ isolated.
2. Child abuse
3. Fetishes.
4 auto-erotic activities
5. Physical injuries
6. Fantasies
7. Bed wetting is a cause also.
Many more things but most aren't a cause by hurting or killing animals.

You confuse "cause" and "correlation" here. Look up the definition of the two words.

And you left out the commonly discovered brain lesions found in all serial killers...

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I have called on these kids before. They have knocked down birds nest ( I called animal control and turned the birdies over to them), they've chased a baby kitten away from his mom and the mom let (I turned them in for that), I even turned them in for throwing rocks at a bunny. The only time animal control told them anything was with the kitten. I think everyone has just given up. These kids are horrible. Their parents didn't even bat an eyelash at their psycho behavior. I just took him and brought him home.
Do me a favour and when you see them, break their legs and smash them on the floor and see If they like it. I'll bail ya out of jail ;)

I once caught kids throwing pebbles at my cat (when I had one) and my dad was with me and had strong words with them while I took my cat inside. People can be horrible.

Why would you even want to... You know what, I'm not even going to go there

Thank you so much for saving the poor little dude :( :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Do me a favour and when you see them, break their legs and smash them on the floor and see If they like it. I'll bail ya out of jail ;)

I once caught kids throwing pebbles at my cat (when I had one) and my dad was with me and had strong words with them while I took my cat inside. People can be horrible.

No need for more trouble, believe me. It's time to look after the tort, I think.

MNM

Absolutely I do. I was a bad kid and got away with murder...

Still, while I was a child, my parents were responsible for the things I did whether I attempted to keep those things secret or not. That they did not know what I was up to, did not absolve them of responsibility for it. They should have known and been paying attention, just as the parents of these little animal torturers should have known.
You're just kidding about the murder part right Tom? ;)

I wonder how old these kids were, because if they were five then it makes sense that they didn't know the evil in their doings, but if they were around my age then they cannot say they didn't know better.

Yvonne said that the parents knew what their kids did and didn't do anything about it. I kinda get why the kids haven't learned... :(

Yvonne, can you please post some more pics of the turtle? Sorry if everyone has been scaring you with our strong reactions to what happened. I'm sure everyone was exaggerating at some point. Today and tomorrow I plan to do some research on the Box Turtle so I can help in any way possibe. As of now, how has the turtle been? Can you post some pics of your setup and share any changes you've noticed in the behavior or physical appearance please? Once again... You did the right thing saving the turtle, so thankyou. :)

Last edited:

spud's_mum

United Kingdom

wait... Don't actually do that. I'm too far away to bail ha out of jail lol. But someone needs to have strong words with those kids

Can we see a pic of the turtle by the way? :D

MNM

I prefer to think of it as justifiable homicide... potato, potāto, tomato, tomāto...

And, "no comment". :)
Ha, lol Tom. Are you really a dog trainer? If you are, I could really use some help with my dog. She listens to nobody. ;) :D :p