New look to her enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakkina_Fluture

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So she is still in her 40 gal tank but I added quite a bit of dirt to it, some smaller rocks from the backyard and also a flat rock for a tanning rock. She seems to enjoy it though the flat rock is confusing her a bit lol. She isnt quite sure what to do with it. I still need to get some small greens for it and such but for now she is happy

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well that's nice. You know what would be nicer. IF WE HAD A PIC TOO SEE :p :D
I also can understand why the flat rock is confusing her. You want her to tan on it and she just can't do that. LOL, sorry, I just couldn't let that one go:)

Drakkina_Fluture

5 Year Member
CA
lol ya sorry I had work today and didnt have the chance to take a pic yet. I will take a pic for everyone tomorrow and post it. Its no where near as nice as the ones I have seen but she is enjoying it as is. lol

Drakkina_Fluture

5 Year Member
CA
Here is her tank the thing on the right corner in front is her bathing pool, the sun basking rock is far left corner. Not sure if the heating light is too high up or not though any advice?

IMAG0176_zps1930d20d.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The heating light doesn't look to high. However, it would be best to get temp right under it. I would also add a plant or two. Just to make it more natural and a little more secure feeling for the tort. Otherwise, not bad. Thanks for the pic:D

Drakkina_Fluture

5 Year Member
CA
Ya the plants have to come later can't afford it right now unfortunately but I do have plans for it. :)

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Do you have a UVB lamp or does that heat lamp provide UVB? That's very important for their digestive and mental health. Home Depot sells these small plants that come in all different varieties and are around $5. They're perfect because they have ones that thrive in intense light like In your tort habitat.

Drakkina_Fluture

5 Year Member
CA
Unfortunately my uvb light broke I am working on getting another one but they are expensive and we are tight on money. And my tort is pretty small still the tank is a good size for her for now

Status
Not open for further replies.