New Jumbo Yellow Foots in the collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
I have been looking hard enough, i have actually contacted this person on fauna twice but i never received a reply.

yagyujubei said:
jrcrist4 said:
LUCKY!!!!! i've been looking for some like those for months now but no one sells them that size that aren't fresh imports. I only have one 14in female but none for sale have been even close to that size. If you ever decide to let them go definitely let me know! :) crongtrats.

Maybe you need to look harder:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350356&highlight=yellowfoot

Congrats again on your yellows. If you do have any extras pm me and let me know what you would like for them, i am going to be traveling to tx around the end of the month and seeing your sanctuary would be phenomenal!

tortadise said:
yagyujubei said:
jrcrist4 said:
LUCKY!!!!! i've been looking for some like those for months now but no one sells them that size that aren't fresh imports. I only have one 14in female but none for sale have been even close to that size. If you ever decide to let them go definitely let me know! :) crongtrats.

Maybe you need to look harder:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350356&highlight=yellowfoot

Yeah I saw that one a few weeks ago. The thing is I wasnt looking for anymore. They were offered to me, because they didnt have the room. I remember the days at shows when you could pick up 16-18" pairs for $200. Most recent imports are much smaller 10-12". Thought it was cool getting some big ones. I still have a monster compared to these guys.
I always laugh when people in the states say its hard to find the tortoise they are looing for try being in canada and only finding state side torts but I can say the issues getting one makes it so that only serious buyers own them and not impluse people who have no clue what they are doing

If only it didn't cost an arm and leg to get it across the border[/quote]

I here its hard finding torts or any exotic reptile in cananda. Sorry about that.

jrcrist4 said:

Well I do have a good number of males. I will ponder it. The main thing that made me jump on getting these guys, were the two big males. I have a female thats around 18" and none of my other males can breed her because shes so robust. Good luck in finding one, they are out there. If not just hit me up maybe I can forward a male to yah.
[/quote]

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well would a 11 or 12" work for your female. I dont really need a 6.8, I could do with a 5.8 I suppose. Also I should be expecting some of the eggs to hatch any day now so we will see what kinda off spring these guys hatch out as well.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
jrcrist4 said:
I have been looking hard enough, i have actually contacted this person on fauna twice but i never received a reply.

That's odd. I emailed her yesterday and got a reply in about an hour.

wickwack

5 Year Member
congrats on some new beautiful torts! Do you any more pics? perhaps one with some object to use as reference so that we can appreaciate their size?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
wickwack said:
congrats on some new beautiful torts! Do you any more pics? perhaps one with some object to use as reference so that we can appreaciate their size?

Sure can. But it will have to be when I get back into town. I am out of town right now sooo they are many miled from me this second.

I think I have some of my peruvian yellow foots just like yours with a tape next to them. let me see if I have them saved to my computer I have with me.

And it seems I did. How ever these are from last year on these guys from peru. They are a bit bigger now.

Attachments

• 2 year old basins.jpg
    2 year old basins.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 32

wickwack

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
wickwack said:

Sure can. But it will have to be when I get back into town. I am out of town right now sooo they are many miled from me this second.

I think I have some of my peruvian yellow foots just like yours with a tape next to them. let me see if I have them saved to my computer I have with me.

And it seems I did. How ever these are from last year on these guys from peru. They are a bit bigger now.

I assume those are inches on the measuring tape? I wonder why mine dont get those black lines between their scutes... are those growth lines? they look very defined on your torts...

Olivia has been growing lately so between her scutes there is some white tissue, not sure what color it will turn, im guessing it will turn light brown like the border of her scutes. Oliver doesnt show any growth yet... i think his shell is more similar to your torts shells, so im thinking he will have the dark lines that are visible in your picture.

I am quite shocked by the differences and variations among yellow foots, your torts seem to have Olivers shell but Olivias skin colors! hehe i had no idea that could happen...

Do you have an estimate of how many inches these torts should grow per year? thanks for the pics!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah the black is old growth. These guys grow very slow. About 1-3 inches a year. 3 inches would be a huge growth spurt though. The white is new growth on olivia.

Status
Not open for further replies.