New(ish) Russian Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenkiwi

5 Year Member
Hi! I got my Russian tort Lechugador in August of 2010 at about 2 months old, and he's been growing like a maniac ever since! I have some questions about enclosures and having multiple tortoises that I'll be sure to ask soon.

Also, thanks to this site, I found out the "clover" I thought I had planted in his set-up is actually Oxalis! AND... although I may never stop calling him "he", some of the pictures from the threads on sexing your tortoise have lead me to believe the baby boy tortoise I got is a girl!!

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Welcome to The TFO, the forum of knowledge. I love RT's.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
greenkiwi said:
Hi! I got my Russian tort Lechugador in August of 2010 at about 2 months old, and he's been growing like a maniac ever since! I have some questions about enclosures and having multiple tortoises that I'll be sure to ask soon.

Also, thanks to this site, I found out the "clover" I thought I had planted in his set-up is actually Oxalis! AND... although I may never stop calling him "he", some of the pictures from the threads on sexing your tortoise have lead me to believe the baby boy tortoise I got is a girl!!

Ha! Lechugador: "The lettuce eater." :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Greenkiwi:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Welcome! You know if you post pictures in a new thread of the tail area, that clearly shows the entire tail (usually from the underside is the best) and one that shows him from the rear end is helpful too sometimes, we will all be more the happy to play the guess my Russian's sex game. :D

Jessie

5 Year Member
I know we all said it but...
Pictures???
And welcome. :)

greenkiwi

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:
greenkiwi said:

Ha! Lechugador: "The lettuce eater." :)

Haha yes!!! Occasionally "lettuce slayer", like the matador of lechuga.

greenkiwi

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Greenkiwi:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

KJ works! And I'm from the midwest US. So no outdoor enclosures, but plenty of fresh dandelions in about 3 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.