Newbie from Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmy104

5 Year Member
My name is Emily, I live in Houston, TX, and this past weekend, I just got a Russian Tortoise. I haven't named the tortoise yet, because I don't know if it's a boy or girl. I'll be checking when I get home though. Pretty much right now I've been calling it a him. I've got a picture attached below. Thanks. :)

Attachments

• tortoise.jpg
    tortoise.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 42

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new tort :)
I have a Russian too- they're awesome!
If you post a picture of the tail area (like the pictures here http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Newbie-from-Houston-TX ) someone should be able to tell you if you have a male or female.

I'm not sure if you've been to the website russiantortoise.org but they have a great care sheet and good info on diet. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Emily:

Welcome to the forum!!

Emmy104

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. I am 99.9% sure that my torty is a female. She has a short squatty tail that hangs straight down. I'll get a better picture of her tomorrow to post. I'm also curious about the sub specie she is. Now that I know that she's a girl, her name instantly came to me. She is now Lucy. :) All of my pets have human names :D

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Bellingham, WA
Emmy104 said:
All of my pets have human names :D

Mine too! And all the turtles/tortoises have musician/singer names.

In case you're checking up on this and notice 'Hey! Crash isn't a people name!' - Chad Larson, aka Crash McLarson, is the stage name of the bass player for The Aquabats. :)

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Welcome to the forum! I have a russian too, a girl named Betty White :) And I used to live in Houston, great place!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to the forum! Welcome to the wonderful and at times strange world of tortoise care taking. and last but not least, congrats on Lucy! Very nice to have you here. I have old eyes, so I may be seeing things wrong, but it appears her bedding may be just a bit on the dry side. Of course, if it is, you no doubt knew that already and have fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.